Problem when accelerating and hit over 2rpms - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Heike PA
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Black

Gallery: 0
Default Problem when accelerating and hit over 2rpms

when i'm accelerating and hit 2 or a little over 2rpms and stop accelerating the car jumps...the rpms start going a little crazy. If you start accelerating it'll stop...i've even had a few times the car will accelerate slightly itself. But you definitley feel it in a back and forth of the rpms..anyone else have this problem and what could it be. I just hit 5,000 miles...and already wondering why i have to worry. Shouldve stuck with honda from things i'm starting to read
Heike PA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
03MowiLS
CMF Rookie Member
2003 Malibu LS
Dark Green

Default Re: Problem when accelerating and hit over 2rpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike PA View Post
when i'm accelerating and hit 2 or a little over 2rpms and stop accelerating the car jumps...the rpms start going a little crazy. If you start accelerating it'll stop...i've even had a few times the car will accelerate slightly itself. But you definitley feel it in a back and forth of the rpms..anyone else have this problem and what could it be. I just hit 5,000 miles...and already wondering why i have to worry. Shouldve stuck with honda from things i'm starting to read

Well it sounds like something might be up with the trottle. It should be under warranty and if so take it to the dealer and it'll be fixed right up.
Identical problem happened with my Malibu after i bought it but it was because i bought mine off of an insurance company and it was stolen, Peoples stole it and messed up the throttle, it was an ez fix for me.

And why would you wanna go back to Honda? Have you Heard about the recalls their having? their gong the same path as Toyota
Old 08-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
SGTSTEVE
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu 1LT
Grey Taupe

I am having a similar issue with my 10 1LT. When the engine is under a little stress on a grade, the RPMs will sometimes get stuck between 2 and 3 and the car bucks as if it is between gears. I have to put more pressure on the accelerator to get it to shift. My salesman told me I have to fully position my foot on the accelerator to keep this from happening. That seems to help. But I've never had a car that was so sensitive about accelerator foot position.
SGTSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
Silver LTZ
CMF Honorary Member

Gallery: 3

See here.

http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/foru...ead.php?t=4843
Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
jetstar63
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu LTZ
Mocha Steel

I also noticed some surging on the highway one warm day. I checked the RPMs and shure enough the tach was bouncing.
I will also wait for the recall.

A real friend will not betray, deny or abandon you.
jetstar63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.