Service Vehicle Soon Problem with the ALC - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Xlr8r
CMF Rookie Member
2005 Malibu Classic

Gallery: 0
Default Service Vehicle Soon Problem with the ALC

I'm having a problem trying to figure this out on my own. It is a 2005 Malibu Classic. I put a scanner on it and pulled 2 codes from it. They were B2575(ALC Headlamp Voltage Out of Range) and B2577(ALC Headlamp Relay Output Ground Open) Any idea what I should bee looking for to trouble shoot this? The relays under the hood for the ALC are all good, but I'm not sure what to do from there.... Also if this helps any the DRL's do not work either. Any Help would be appreciated. I was looking for a detailed wiring schematic for the BCM and Lighting on this car with not much luck.

Thanks...
Xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Answer069
CMF Senior Member
2005 Malibu LS
Galaxy Silver Met.

Garage
Default Re: Service Vehicle Soon Problem with the ALC

it sounds like the relay for the DRLs has gone south either that or there is a short in the wiring in the headlamp circuit.
Born: 3/15/2005 Fairfax, KS
Died: 12/27/2012 Everett, WA RIP
Answer069 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
BillD64
CMF Senior Member

Can't find DTC B2577 in Lighting Systems or in a search of the Manual. Here is the information for B2575.

A little better picture of the schematic:

Bill

Last edited by BillD64; 04-24-2011 at 06:45 PM.
BillD64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
Xlr8r
CMF Rookie Member
2005 Malibu Classic

Thank You for the diagram! It will help alot! I will have a look at the Pink/White wire and see if we have a problem there....Hopefully this will get me going in the right direction.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Xlr8r
CMF Rookie Member
2005 Malibu Classic

I have checked all connections and have even ohmed the output from BCM to the ALC Relay and the wire is good. The only thing I really haven't done is replaced the BCM. If I got a used one. Is there anyway to reprogram the thing besides taking it to a dealer or if I get one with the same options can you just relearn the passlock using the 30min procedure?

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
Euthymia
CMF Junior Member
1999 Malibu LS
Bright White

Forgive me if this seems too obvious, but did you check the resistance from pin 30 on the ALC Relay socket to ground? After all, that is what the code was bitching about.

Also, just a hunch, but how does the .3 ohm resistor in the DRL line look? With the DRL relay pulled, you should see low resistance from pin 87 of the socket to ground.
Euthymia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Xlr8r
CMF Rookie Member
2005 Malibu Classic

Pin 30 has no ground because the relay is never activated. Pin 87 has ground and is waiting for the relay to activate to provide pin 30 ground to turn on the headlamps though....
Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
Xlr8r
CMF Rookie Member
2005 Malibu Classic

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the BCM? I would like to ohm out all connections in the lighting system.

Thanks
Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
Euthymia
CMF Junior Member
1999 Malibu LS
Bright White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8r View Post
Pin 30 has no ground because the relay is never activated. Pin 87 has ground and is waiting for the relay to activate to provide pin 30 ground to turn on the headlamps though....
Yes, on the DRL relay. What about the ALC relay? It's configured backwards from the DRL relay in that pin 30 is the grounded pin and pin 87 is the switched pin. On my schematic, anyway.

I'm going by page 12-35 in the Haynes.
Euthymia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
Xlr8r
CMF Rookie Member
2005 Malibu Classic

The DRL relay is working fine. It is the ALC relay that never works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.