2013 Eco - Extended Warranty (GM Protection - Major Guard) - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
nishijb
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu Eco
Gray

Gallery: 0
Default 2013 Eco - Extended Warranty (GM Protection - Major Guard)

I am glad to join the Malibu community and look forward to learning from you all on this forum. I just purchased a 2013 Malibu Eco and have been strongly considering the purchase of the GM Protection - Major Guard.
1. Do you think that a warranty is worthwile?
2. What is a good price? For a 60 month/100000 mile $0 deductible plan I was quoted $2,430.
nishijb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
gsigley
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu ECO 2SA
Black Granite

Default Re: 2013 Eco - Extended Warranty (GM Protection - Major Guard)

My wife bought the 2013 ECO this past Saturday. We got a 72 month 90000 bumper to bumper plus gap insurance GM Major Guard for around $1600. Had to play awhile to get it at that price. The car is totally awesome coming from a 2007 Yukon. Should save at least $200 per month between monthly payment and fuel savings.
gsigley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
nishijb
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu Eco
Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsigley View Post
My wife bought the 2013 ECO this past Saturday. We got a 72 month 90000 bumper to bumper plus gap insurance GM Major Guard for around $1600. Had to play awhile to get it at that price. The car is totally awesome coming from a 2007 Yukon. Should save at least $200 per month between monthly payment and fuel savings.
Thanks for your response. It helps to have another data point. When you said that you had to play a while...did you negotiate with the dealer, or try other dealers? What is gap insurance? What is your deductible?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
08chevymalibultz
Banned

Quote:

Granted but the GMC Yukon is an awesome Vehicle! I had owned / bought a new 2003 GMC Yukon XL and it was one of the best Vehicles I ever owned! Traded- out in 2006 because of high gas prices. I wish I never got rid of it, Had a sick feeling driving home even though I was driving a new fresh car of the lot!

PS. The top of the line GM Protection Plan for the Yukon that I had cost me thousands!

Last edited by 08chevymalibultz; 04-05-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: spelling correction
08chevymalibultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
gsigley
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu ECO 2SA
Black Granite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishijb View Post
Thanks for your response. It helps to have another data point. When you said that you had to play a while...did you negotiate with the dealer, or try other dealers? What is gap insurance? What is your deductible?

Negotiated with the dealer. Gap insurance makes up the difference between payoff and actual value in the event of an accident where the vehicle is totalled.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
gsigley
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu ECO 2SA
Black Granite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08chevymalibultz View Post
Granted but the GMC Yukon is an awesome Vehicle! I had owned / bought a new 2003 GMC Yukon XL and it was one of the best Vehicles I ever owned! Traded- out in 2006 because of high gas prices. I wish I never got rid of it, Had a sick feeling driving home even though I was driving a new fresh car of the lot!

PS. The top of the line GM Protection Plan for the Yukon that I had cost me thousands!

The Yukon is a great vehicle! We also have a Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 and it made sense to downsize with the Yukon as it had much more mileage and was near the warranty expiration. The Malibu is very cool but we will see how my wife likes it when the snow flies.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Quote:
Very nice on the vehicle and the savings too. Do you have any pics you can post to show off the new ride?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
nishijb
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu Eco
Gray

Quote:
Negotiated with the dealer. Gap insurance makes up the difference between payoff and actual value in the event of an accident where the vehicle is totalled.
I found that I can get an 84 mo./84,000 mile $0 deduct. Major Guard for about $1700. Since the mileage and time clock doesn't start until I purchase the protection plan and new car pricing can be had until 12,000 miles, I am going to purchase the protection at around 11,000 miles so that it will effectively give me coverage until 95,000 miles.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
gsigley
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu ECO 2SA
Black Granite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Very nice on the vehicle and the savings too. Do you have any pics you can post to show off the new ride?

My daughter bought a 2012 Cruze after the Lehigh Valley Auto Show a few weeks ago. My wife saw the Malibu in the showroom then and bought it a few days later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-30_19-25-12_76[1].jpg
Views:	104
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2028   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-30_19-25-49_137[1].jpg
Views:	104
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2029  
Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Quote:
My daughter bought a 2012 Cruze after the Lehigh Valley Auto Show a few weeks ago. My wife saw the Malibu in the showroom then and bought it a few days later.
Thank you! Very nice!!!!!

I hope you are having a great weekend!

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.