Looking for hub cap on 18` wheel Chevy Malibu LT 2011 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Exclamation Looking for hub cap on 18` wheel Chevy Malibu LT 2011

Looking for hub cap ( wheel cover ) on 18` wheel Chevy Malibu LT 2011 .

PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 AM
CMF Senior Member

Garage
Re: Looking for hub cap on 18` wheel Chevy Malibu LT 2011

Shouldn't this be in the Trading Post forum?

Also, only 17" wheels have hubcaps. They don't make 18" steel wheels with hubcaps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2013 Buick Verano
Convenience with Bose+Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(
) ::
(
)

::

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowleopard View Post
Shouldn't this be in the Trading Post forum?

Also, only 17" wheels have hubcaps. They don't make 18" steel wheels with hubcaps.
I put the pic in wich shown what I need.

This is chrome plastic hub cap and it`s on 18` wheel.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 AM
CMF Senior Member

Garage

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...b1.html#wheels

Did you buy the car new or used?

2013 Buick Verano

(
(
)

Last edited by snowleopard; 08-27-2012 at 11:07 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 AM
CMF Senior Member

Garage

Those are 2LT Chrome Tech Aluminum Wheels.

Edit: Some posts that I have found suggest that there are some of those that are the hubcap type, but some aren't. If you have them, I'm not sure where to get them. I checked the gm warehouse sites and they don't even have them listed.

The ONLY reference to 18" hubcaps are in -some- posts, but some say that theirs are aluminum, which is what GM has them listed as.

However, they have the -appearance- of 2LT Chrome Tech Aluminum Wheels, so that is where you should start your search. This topic belongs in the Trading Post though.

Check here on page 19: https://www.gm.ca/media/vehicles/cur...ochure_Eng.pdf

Those are 18", but they are chrome-clad aluminum. Are you positive that you have hubcaps? Can you take them away from the wheel? Chrome clad aluminum are NOT actually hubcaps. If you cannot separate the front from a wheel, then they are not hubcaps.

2013 Buick Verano

(
(
)

Last edited by snowleopard; 08-27-2012 at 11:17 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowleopard View Post
Those are 2LT Chrome Tech Aluminum Wheels.

Edit: Some posts that I have found suggest that there are some of those that are the hubcap type, but some aren't. If you have them, I'm not sure where to get them. I checked the gm warehouse sites and they don't even have them listed.

The ONLY reference to 18" hubcaps are in -some- posts, but some say that theirs are aluminum, which is what GM has them listed as.

However, they have the -appearance- of 2LT Chrome Tech Aluminum Wheels, so that is where you should start your search. This topic belongs in the Trading Post though.

Check here on page 19: https://www.gm.ca/media/vehicles/cur...ochure_Eng.pdf

Those are 18", but they are chrome-clad aluminum. Are you positive that you have hubcaps? Can you take them away from the wheel? Chrome clad aluminum are NOT actually hubcaps. If you cannot separate the front from a wheel, then they are not hubcaps.
Thank you for answer.

No, I can`t take it from wheel.

I`ve called about 20 junk yards and etc.

There is lot of 17`, but on 18` inc - NOTHING .

New I can buy from dealer about 600$ :O

In this link is only 12 pages -> https://www.gm.ca/media/vehicles/cur...ochure_Eng.pdf

So maybe you now where I can try to find them ( contacts/links ) .

I`m looking for it about 3 month and now I need to find it very quickly.

I`ll patient for any info.

Thanks.

Last edited by Chevy111; 08-27-2012 at 01:31 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Still searching ...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 06:15 PM
CMF Senior Member

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

$450 per rim here. The option is a 5P4 rim.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 06:17 PM
CMF Senior Member

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/CHEV...11/A-06633U86/

$359 here.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Still searching cheaper version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in