26 months down,1 to go - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

26 months down,1 to go

I leased my '11 LS 26 months ago because I needed a car and it was the most vehicle for the least amount of money I could find. 26 months later I have grown to really like the car but two things conspired to make me decide to move on. First off the $15,900 buyout is a little rich for my blood especially since I have seen similar mileage Malibu's in the 11-13 range. The fact that Ally is not willing to work a deal is also disheartening. At that point I decided to see if any local dealers still had any 2012 models in stock. The thing is I really like the look of the 7th gen cars and the 8th gens not so much. Two different dealers had a couple '12's left and the one had a 24 month, $159.00 a month lease on their home page. I called them to make sure they still had the car and drove over to look at it. Pretty much the same car I have right down to the color combo. I was ready to sign the lease right then but, that's when the plan fell apart.

At this point the salesman informs me that they can not lease a 2012, even though it's on their web site. So we start talking about the '13's and I take one for a test drive. In fairness the interior was nicer than I expected but, I just do not like the looks (mostly from the b pillar back) of the car. Plus it's going to cost me $100.00 more a month than what I am paying on the '11. That's not going to work so I test drive a Cruze LTZ (non RS) that has a $700 less sticker than the Malibu but will cost $60 more a month than the '13 Malibu. Needless to say after spending almost five hours there I went home with nothing new.

At that point my wife said I should get the car I have talked about for the past five years. That would be a two seat roadster. That started a new search which ended up with the purchase of this.

$12,300 out the door 36,600 miles with a two year bumper to bumper warranty.

We are really going to miss the Malibu, the wife loves the heat and air conditioning and I have become a fan of xm radio. The car will end up with a little less than 24,000 miles, 3000 or so less than I was allowed and I have kept it very clean. The floor mats still look new since I always had another thin backed one on top. Whoever ends up with the car will not be disappointed. The car has been flawless, not one problem since I took delivery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Garage
Re: 26 months down,1 to go

Congrats on getting what you really wanted! Chrysler, but tell us more. Is that the 200 or 300 convertible, and what does it have inside?

Also, you can buy an accessory satellite tuner that plugs into the Aux jack or uses an FM convertor (use the Aux if you have it!) and still get the tunes you're use to.

Heat and AC in the 'Bu vs the Chrysler - I don't understand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

My new ride is actually a 2005 Crossfire, the first year for the two seat roadster. The car was basically a restyled first gen Mercedes Benz 320SLK. The car has a Mercedes 3.2 liter six cylinder rated at 215 hp and is equipped with a six speed manual gearbox which is also Mercedes sourced. The Crossfires were built in Osnabruck Germany by Karmann Motor Works. They were produced from 2003-07. I think it's the most interesting vehicle to come out of the Chrysler/Mercedes partnership but that's just my opinion.

The comment about the heat/AC in the Malibu comes from the fact that they are both excellent. My wife drives a 2005 Mazda 6 and her heat and ac are no where near as warm or cold as the Malibu. I have seen the satellite radio receivers that can plug into the cig lighter, in fact that may be the setup I go for.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:30 AM
CMF Senior Member

sharp looking car.

do you have another car you can drive in the snow?

-SiLenZe- Mods: cabin air filter
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

I have a Jeep Cherokee that I can use for wet weather. I have had the Cherokee all along but, the wife does not like riding much less driving it and it's a gas hog. Plus we have the wifes Mazda 6 which will take over most of what the Malibu was used for. The plan is to hopefully store the Crossfire from November -March but that can sometimes cause problems. We don't normally get a lot of snow around here, I think 26-30 inches a season which usually falls in 5 inches or less at a time. Every once in a while we will get a 6-9 inch event but not very often. The most annoying thing is that we get a lot of inch or less accumulations where they dump tons and tons of salt, I really hate that.

Last edited by xjken99; 04-21-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in