2009 1lt - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

2009 1lt

I am looking at getting either an 09 LS or 1LT, the dealer priced me out the LT and it came to around 17k out the door, does this sound like a pretty good deal? The only reason I get the LT is to get the darker interior color. Do you think there is any chance I could get them to throw on either some of the 2LT or LTZ wheels? I don't mind the looks of the stock wheels, just hate the fact that they are basically hubcaps. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Re: 2009 1lt

Considering a 1LT is basically from $22k upward, YES, that is a great price and right now is as low as you'll see anything GM go, until things pick back up. The incentives are just crazy, for all intensive purposes.

Given how much of a chunk off the price that is, I'd go for it exactly as is and worry about wheels later. Yes, technically the chrome 1LT wheels have a plastic face, but they've turned out to be durable for all the years GM has been using such design and the style/chrome looks fantastic on the car. If you still don't like them, just look for a set of 2LT, etc. wheels after the fact on your own, again for not much. Also to remember, doing a swap of 17" wheels would keep the same tires and not need any other changes, but something like a set of stock 18's would require a computer reflash to compensate for the extra 1" in diameter in all of the car's systems, since the sidewall height is not narrowed with larger wheels--the wheel/tire combos just are bigger overall on 18" equipped models. Ebay can be your friend in this case, frequently...but then again, it may not hurt to ask if they could/would, maybe if there was an extra set around. Just don't demand it.

Hope you can deal soon, and have that new car For the price, also, no reason to bother with an LS given the extra chrome bits, steering wheel controls, etc. of a 1LT in comparison--you'll be happier in the end, especially if it allows you to get colors you really want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Momma wanted some power...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dark Gray Metallic, Titanium UltraLux

The new ride...

Last edited by beach; 12-14-2008 at 07:37 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 05:46 AM
CMF Junior Member

Re: 2009 1lt

The '08's had a dealer installed wheel option. I thought the same thing about the wheel covers when I was looking at 1LT's , but the dealer would not do a swap. That in one of the reasons I moved up to the 2LT, that and the nice heated seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in