Are these Incentives correct ? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
CMF Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 179
Are these Incentives correct ?

Hey Guys - The wife and I are planning on buying a new LT2 or LTZ Malibu - but we wanted to wait until The President Day sales as we always seemed to do well on our deals when we bought in the past....but the new incentives seem pretty good right now - which may lead us to a dealership a few weeks early....Let me put this out there and let me know if I have it right or if I am missing anything ??

Retail Price LT2w/V6 - $28,120
Dealer Negotiated Price ??? - $1,500 ??
Loyalty Cash - $1,000
Cash Allowance - 1,250
GM Blue Top Off - $3,000

Total - 21,370

Does that sound right - or am I missing any cash or rebates - or are there any that cannot be combined ??

I also thought that I may be able to negotiate the price of an LT2 or LTZ a little better if they have the V6 as I want one and most people right now do not ????

Thoughts - or should wait until Presidents day sales ??

I think the only thing that may get better is that I will lose 700 in top off....already ahve 2300 on card and maybe 1000 in bonus - but may get Zero % financing ??
86lxjunker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 05:48 PM
CMF Senior Member
 
Malibu Glow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Decatur, Il.
Posts: 494
Re: Are these Incentives correct ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86lxjunker View Post
Hey Guys - The wife and I are planning on buying a new LT2 or LTZ Malibu - but we wanted to wait until The President Day sales as we always seemed to do well on our deals when we bought in the past....but the new incentives seem pretty good right now - which may lead us to a dealership a few weeks early....Let me put this out there and let me know if I have it right or if I am missing anything ??

Retail Price LT2w/V6 - $28,120
Dealer Negotiated Price ??? - $1,500 ??
Loyalty Cash - $1,000
Cash Allowance - 1,250
GM Blue Top Off - $3,000

Total - 21,370

Does that sound right - or am I missing any cash or rebates - or are there any that cannot be combined ??

I also thought that I may be able to negotiate the price of an LT2 or LTZ a little better if they have the V6 as I want one and most people right now do not ????

Thoughts - or should wait until Presidents day sales ??

I think the only thing that may get better is that I will lose 700 in top off....already ahve 2300 on card and maybe 1000 in bonus - but may get Zero % financing ??
Is this something that GM is NOW offering? They did have the RED TAG SALE that ended on Jan 5th that offered steep rebates and brought prices down to around the 21,000 mark. not sure if a Presidents Day Sale would be better or not. What time limitations does this offer have?

I'm sure throughout this year you'll be seeing GM doing anything they can to get inventory moving off of dealers lots as well as moving off their own distribution points.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored by MP Racing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Malibu Glow is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 PM
CMF Veteran Member
 
beach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Delaware
Posts: 915
Re: Are these Incentives correct ?

Yes, you're good to go.

The rebates are in check, from base rebate to loyalty cash to the GM Card bonus if you received it (and you certainly did). From there the only other variable is how much the dealer discounted the car themselves, which looks like $1500. That would knock it down to invoice or below, as the spread is about that or a bit less.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Momma wanted some power...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dark Gray Metallic, Titanium UltraLux
___________________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The new ride...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beach is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 07:39 PM
CMF Rookie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grant, MN
Posts: 16
Re: Are these Incentives correct ?

I was at a dealer on Saturday looking at probably the same type of car and was being told the same thing.

They have employee pricing for everyone going on right now. There is the $1250 rebate that is going on until 2/2/09 and the $1000 loyalty (we are trading in an Audi but I drive an Avalanche so they are giving it to us). Plus the GM Card money that I have and we are looking at about the exact same numbers for a 2LT that you were told. Now it is just a matter of when we will do this. I am approved for financing through my bank already but I may see what they have to offer.

I also can get the GM Supplier discount. I asked about that but it is about the same thing as employee price and is more of a hassle.
sennister is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:03 PM
CMF Veteran Member
 
beach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern Delaware
Posts: 915
Re: Are these Incentives correct ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennister View Post
I also can get the GM Supplier discount. I asked about that but it is about the same thing as employee price and is more of a hassle.
If they're really doing employee price, also known as GMS in GM terminology sometimes (or used to be), then that is not at all the same thing as Supplier pricing. The spread goes MSRP->Supplier (% over Invoice)->Invoice->Employee (% under Invoice). GM themselves is not offering employee pricing, but if a dealer is, so be it--they can, but it's rare, given that it's under invoice.

As for Supplier, per the rules GM card cash and sometimes other things cannot be combined with it, wherein some have issues. But given that it's a set figure over invoice, it's rare to see a deal where a dealer doesn't automatically discount to and offer a price there or lower themselves in the first place.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Momma wanted some power...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dark Gray Metallic, Titanium UltraLux
___________________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The new ride...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beach is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 05:19 AM
CMF Rookie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grant, MN
Posts: 16
Re: Are these Incentives correct ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
If they're really doing employee price, also known as GMS in GM terminology sometimes (or used to be), then that is not at all the same thing as Supplier pricing. The spread goes MSRP->Supplier (% over Invoice)->Invoice->Employee (% under Invoice). GM themselves is not offering employee pricing, but if a dealer is, so be it--they can, but it's rare, given that it's under invoice.

As for Supplier, per the rules GM card cash and sometimes other things cannot be combined with it, wherein some have issues. But given that it's a set figure over invoice, it's rare to see a deal where a dealer doesn't automatically discount to and offer a price there or lower themselves in the first place.
The price they gave me was the GM Employee price based on what they told me. Now that is from them in a slow market so who knows. I can get the GM Supplier voucher from a few people I know over on a Chevy Avalanche Forum. I think I have seen a few people here offering them as well. I'm not sure about the rules when it comes to combining offers but what I was told was in line with the original poster's question. I don't recall what the exact price was but it was $21,xxx for the 2LT that we did a test drive in at that dealer. I haven't checked around though.
sennister is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 01:08 PM
CMF Rookie Member
 
ebz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9
Re: Are these Incentives correct ?

Yesterday, after negotiating with 4 dealers for a V6 LTZ with varying degrees of success, I finally settled on a deal for $21,722. That included a dealer (MSRP $30,249) discount plus GM Cashback ($1250), Loyalty ($1000), Lessee ($2000) and a GM Card top-off ($2000). As the wife would say: "I couldn't leave it there". (Besides, the last 'bu was leased and goes back this month).
But, I'm satisfied.
ebz06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
August Incentives tusabrl Buying and Leasing (Generation 7) 6 07-31-2008 06:38 AM
Incentives Slow Coming 94SS Buying and Leasing (Generation 7) 10 06-17-2008 04:13 PM
Incentives Malibooboo Buying and Leasing (Generation 7) 25 05-28-2008 10:18 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome