2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS w/1FL owners? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS w/1FL owners?

I'm looking at two Malibu's, the second is a 2010 LT with 65k, asking for 10995. I'm coming from a 2006 Toyota Avalon V6.

The 08 intrigues me the most because its $7,700 with 95k miles and its a V6, the 2010 is a 4cylinder. But the 08 was used as a Fleet for the most part. And I researched and searched and the only thing that comes up about the 08, is the door lock issues/assembly??, and that Fleet vehicles are always low priced. I'm all about realiabity. So I want to keep them for as long as I can, but with all the GM issues. Anyways, I was once a proud owner of a Saturn Vue Redline 04', so forget the GM rant. lol

I love the low price and autocheck doesn't show all the records, and I like to compare it to carfax too. I thought maybe the recent owner had it registered on the chevy website but no work history at all. Anyways, I'm waiting for info from the dealer anyways.

So do any of you have the Fleet Malibu? Its not the Classic LS might I add, but the new body for 08.

The 10 Malibu LT is a better deal and I like the 2 tone cloth seats, etc. but its
4cyl..

Anyways, hello, not really a owner yet, but this forum seems alive and busy.....

Avalon has 154k, very reliable, but I'm bored now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Chevy Representatives

Re: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS w/1FL owners?

Hey Bu Mann,

I am sure you will get tons of information and advice from the members. If you have any questions about the warranty or build sheet, please do not hesitate to reach out via private message. I will just need your name, phone number, and zip code. I can also locate certified pre-owned Malibu's in your area as well. Keep me posted during your vehicle search.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available Monday-Sunday

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 01:53 PM
CMF Senior Member

Get the 10 . Just v6 is not reason to buy car unless both same year . At 95000 and a 08 there is no warrenty . Things start to happen over 100000. (I have 4 with over 150000)

Was the 10 actually a fleet vehicle or just a ls (Fleet + stripped down )

So if keeping awhile go low miles . And newer . Happy shopping

Last edited by lost; 05-07-2014 at 01:56 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 04:19 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

The 4cyl was a big concern for me too, so when I test drove it I turned onto the on ramp and mashed it. I am acatually pretty impressed with the power of the 4cyl. The 6 is nice, but I have been driving my 4cyl for 4 months now, and I love it, and I am enjoying the fuel mileage too.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Welp, I almost had the 2010, but just wasn't in my budget. Test drove it for like an hour as well, looked at it too. Good shape, etc. 4cyl experience wasn't too bad like u said. I will admit tho, coming off a stop light does have a slow pick up and I laughed when others had to pass me up for moving so slow after the light turns green, I was like so that's how that feels. Lol.

But the merging is smooth and it glides on the highway once moving. The dealer with the 08 fleet LS didn't have paperwork as far as what work has been done, really?Don't understand that one. But thank you for the responses people,and even those that just viewed and had no comment. Lol. Peace

FYI, the Malibu is nice, roomy for a 6' and 5'11 husband and wife. Trunk space and the back seat for the Baby is ok to, of course not Avalon back seat roomy but enough to be comfortable. Long trips might have been a different story. Anyways. Congrats to you owners, maybe in a few months I will be in your World. Ok, Done.

Last edited by Bu_Man1; 05-07-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in