Adaptive Cruise Control Disengaging - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

Adaptive Cruise Control Disengaging

How many people are having trouble with the adaptive cruise?? 2016 Premier. I have had many times a message that Adaptive Cruise Temporarily Unavailable. This happens fairly often when there is really heavy rain, snow or a lot of slush, etc. Although irritating, I thought it was understandable.
Lately, have started getting a message that Adaptive Cruise Control Disengaging, and it does shut down. These have been happening for no apparent reason, day and night, no bad weather. When these instances happen it will immediately start working again if I hit the set button again. This is not like the temp unavailable message that has happened in bad weather and the cruise will not work until weather clears or slush melts.

Irritating. Last trip it kicked off 4 times in a two hour span. Anyone else having this experience? I have one free oil change left and will mention when I take it in. I just know they have trouble with these intermittent problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 10:25 AM
PC2
CMF Senior Member

Garage
Re: Adaptive Cruise Control Disengaging

I have had the same intermittent problem in my Premier. I even had the dealer reset the software but it still happens once in a while. See my thread below.

https://www.chevymalibuforum.com/foru...available.html

Not a weather issue for me as I live in L.A. but happens when the traffic is more stop and go. So radar and electronics are working harder than just hiway cruising.

Usually is available again after a few minutes so I have not returned to dealer as this is now so intermittent.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Chevy Representatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxman View Post
How many people are having trouble with the adaptive cruise?? 2016 Premier. I have had many times a message that Adaptive Cruise Temporarily Unavailable. This happens fairly often when there is really heavy rain, snow or a lot of slush, etc. Although irritating, I thought it was understandable.
Lately, have started getting a message that Adaptive Cruise Control Disengaging, and it does shut down. These have been happening for no apparent reason, day and night, no bad weather. When these instances happen it will immediately start working again if I hit the set button again. This is not like the temp unavailable message that has happened in bad weather and the cruise will not work until weather clears or slush melts.

Irritating. Last trip it kicked off 4 times in a two hour span. Anyone else having this experience? I have one free oil change left and will mention when I take it in. I just know they have trouble with these intermittent problems.
This certainly isn't what we like to hear, Wxman. Were you able to address the cruise control concern with your dealer as planned? Please don't hesitate to send us a private message with details if we can be of additional assistance!

All the best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available Monday-Sunday

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

Just to close this out. Waited until it was free oil change time and had them look at this cruise control issue while it was there.
According to the invoice they found two codes U0420 and U0415. Those coupled with the description led them to follow DOC #4538114, reprogrammed power steering control module with latest calibrations.

Service writer said even though it might not seem they are connected the service document mentioned 'our symptoms' and they thought this was probably a good fix.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Thank you for following up! That's good, detailed info for other owners with a similar problem.

2017 Chevy SS Sedan
6.2L LS3 V8/6-Speed Manual
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:12 AM
PC2
CMF Senior Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxman View Post
According to the invoice they found two codes U0420 and U0415. Those coupled with the description led them to follow DOC #4538114, reprogrammed power steering control module with latest calibrations.

Service writer said even though it might not seem they are connected the service document mentioned 'our symptoms' and they thought this was probably a good fix.
I took my car in for yearly maintenance and asked them to look into my intermittent problem with Adaptive Cruise Control disengaging. I took info on doc you posted and asked for software update.

They found no error codes for ACC but did the upgrade as I requested. I haven't tested ACC yet as I have not taken an extended hiway trip.

The steering feel after update is slightly firmer, needing a tiny bit more effort to turn the wheel. Feels sportier. I like it.

Did your steering feel change?
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

Can't really say I noticed a change in the steering feel, but my wife is the primary driver of the car. If it did change it is nothing that bothers us. It was never anything like my Silverado.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 05:10 PM
PC2
CMF Senior Member

Garage

It's not bothersome in anyway to me, it's a subtle feel - not night and day, but I could feel it at once, at least on my car. Less power assist and more feel of the wheels and road is best I can describe it.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 10:33 AM
CMF Rookie Member

I am having the same problem with my 2017 Premier..........on a 90 mi trip it disengaged 5 times.......i read in the owner's manual it will disengage if it dosen't see anything which must mean traffic.....if this is the case then ACC is useless here because where i live you can drive miles and miles without seeing any traffic.....the only way i can get it to work again after it disengages is to pull over to the side of the road and turn off the ignition and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then restart and it will work again for a ways.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

Never know if it is the same problem or not, but I would interpret the 'can't see anything' as sensor/camera blocked by dirt, slush, etc., not 'there is nothing to see'.

At any rate I have not had any problems since the fix I described above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in