Help with Amp install on 2018 Malibu LT - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 02:08 PM
CMF Rookie Member

Re: Help with Amp install on 2018 Malibu LT

I was reading other threads where they do not use a LOC but obviously you did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 10:18 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Re: Help with Amp install on 2018 Malibu LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
Yeah sure i will help any way i can. The way i ran my power wire was up the passenger side and tucked it in the door sills. Theres a grommet under the dash behind the glove box i ran through. Then to hide it in the engine bay theres protective carpet on the firewall u can tuck it behind. I hooked up to the battery. Now in the back my power went under the back seat cushion and beside the side airbag, and into the trunk. We are pretty lucky here because everything else we need is right there behind the panel on the passenger side. Pull that panel and ur factory amp is bolted right there. Theres also a nice little cubby there for an amp and a loc, (line output converter). There are 3 plugs in ur factory amp one is for power input which is where i got my remote power for my aftermarket amp. The center plug is ur speaker input, this is where u wire in ur loc. If u have ever installed a system before it just doesn't get any easier than this Malibu. Oh one more thing i had to do and it didnt start for a few days and that is active noise cancellation, ive seen a few people just cut the wire which is purple i beleive, myself i just unplugged it and its been a couple weeks and those kicker 15s are still poundin loud and clear. I hope this helps.
I know I'm late to the party but just adding some info from my install yesterday.

I didn't bother with line out converters. I grabbed a good set of RCA's, snipped them, attached to the pre-amp'd speaker wires(The smaller wires), then ran directly into my aftermarket amp. I then ran speaker wire out of my aftermarket amp back to the stock speaker wire that would normally come from the chevy amp.

In other words, I just bypassed the stock amp completely and tucked it all in that nice cubby.

Why? Well, I replaced the door speakers too. Also...RCA pass through on the aftermarket 4 channel amp. (Rockford Fosgate R400-4d). So now I have regular RCA's to run out to whatever I want. In my case its a under seat sub. In someone else? 2 15's. Or whatever else they want.

My way isn't better. Just another data point on this awesome thread.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:33 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Can someone tell me the wire colors ? My wiring harness doesn't seem to match up with what was posted before. Trying to find the remote wire and what good speaker wires to tap into with the RCA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15544819811165573331822409738135_1554481997627.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	62927  

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:52 PM
CMF Rookie Member

So just finished my install and it was the biggest pain ever. For those with the 2018 bose system you have to ignore 99% of this post. First of all the 2017 and 2018 are totally different. The 2018 with the bose has no remote wire going into the amp. You can get it from back the head unit but if you are like me and didn't want to touch the head unit you won't find a remote wire going into the amp. It uses dada signals. So you must use a LOC that has a remote signal built into it. That will control the signal off and on. Also for my model there isn't simply 1 wire to cut for the auto noise cancellation. There are 3 microphones with 2 wires each. The harness that controls this has 8 wires. 6 for the ANC and 2 others from what I can tell control the turn signal chime and the parking assist. Good news is there is a harness you can buy on Amazon for $25 bucks that actually works. It just connects the 2 wires leaving the 6 microphones off its 1000% worth the money. I called best buy, Crutchfield and my Chevy dealer and nobody had answers for me so i had to figure all this out on my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in