Replace drivers seat?? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Question Replace drivers seat??

Just bought a used LS. After living with it for 2 months I'm having alot of problems with the seat. Very uncomfortable for someone with a bad back. Tried various seat cushions without any luck. Didn't notice with the original 15 min. test drive. Now like sitting in a plastic bucket.

Is there another Malibu seat with more support and/or comfort? And if so can it be changed over?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Re: Replace drivers seat??

I suppose a power seat from a higher trim might get you some additional lumbar adjustment? I'm kind of skeptical that would solve your problem, though. You can always try going to your local Chevy dealer and ask to sit in a Premier with power seats to try it out.

Sitting low in a sedan might not be for you anymore. If you go to a Chevy dealer, sit in an Equinox LS and see what you think of the seating position and difference in comfort.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Chevy SS Sedan
6.2L LS3 V8/6-Speed Manual
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Thanks for the reply.

Trying to get a straight answer from my dealer is like dealing with a government agency. Best to go in prepared. Are Malibu seats interchangeable?

Or I can take it to an auto apolstery shop.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:10 AM
CMF Senior Member

I found mine uncomfortable at first but eventually wore my butt groove in and found the right settings that work for me and my bad back. I hate taking it in for a car wash because they always screw it up and takes me a while to get it back.

What adjustments does the LS have? Mine is a 2LT so it has the power drivers seat and manual passenger, at some point I’ll swap in a power passenger seat base but it’s not been a priority. I’d say the mounting points should be the same, but getting power may be the challenge.

Last edited by !Tommy; 06-11-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Removed foul language
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Dealer had an open house ( and free chicken) for their new customers today. The body shop manager said they could do everything from replacing the foam, the seat covers or even the seat. Wasn't sure about a power seat as the LS is a manual 6 way seat.

I'll try out the seats on a new LT this weekend vs my 3 yr old LS and go from there.

Thanks for our response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in