Swapping Valve Body Possiblities Mh8 Tranny - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Talking Swapping Valve Body Possiblities Mh8 Tranny

Hi...I am not sure if this is possible. Mh8 transmission.....there are so many of them.. what makes them so unique about MH8 of all different model, do you think?
without the valve body, gear ratios, mechanism on this tranny is the same, right?!. I have Fckd up tranny Part#19332231 (according to dealership) it only has 138k. Dealer also told me there are 4 digit can be interchangeable 8EHW, 0NBW,9EPW, 0EXW. Apparently, if you happened to looking for this tranny, its kinda expensive ($900-1500)....so i want to maybe help out other who is looking to buy this transmission, but i need your opinions and your expertise to make this work.. if my theories is correct, i can save others lots of money before they consider to buy this transmission and swap out. Here is my opinions,

My tranny comes from 2.4 ltr engine. MH8 6spd. Part number is mentioned above for your reference.
Donor tranny may comes from 13 Buick Verano 2.4 engine Mh8 6spd low miles. ($300)

Or Can i just install it and have it reprogrammed?

The bolt pattern and every holes looks amazingly look alike, maybe you see things that i don't see but it looks the same. please let me know the differences if you do.
What i wanna do is Swapping the Valve body with my bad tranny and install into the donor (13 Buick Verano) maybe that way, i just clean real good on valve body and i don't have to reprogram the TCM because its existing valvebody that already programmed with bad tranny.

So...What do you guys think? if this works, then we can save boat load of money when we look for new tranny for this particular model and help other save their money. Please give me your thoughts and opinions. If this method works, then its great for everyone who had bad transmission for their car.

Last edited by Kwang Kim; 10-03-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 03:43 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage
Re: Swapping Valve Body Possiblities Mh8 Tranny

Hollander Interchange book is THE source for swapping parts between brands and models. It's what the salvage yards use.

John
"some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
09 Malibu LS
11 Tahoe LTZ
16 Equinox LTZ 3.6
01 FLHR
Ski Doo's & Sea Doo
02 Malibu traded
67 Malibu sold
64 Malibu sold
07 Mustang GT 3 pedals sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in