Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

2010 malibu 2.4L one issue after another

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  seant 
#1 ·
Bought a 2010 malibu about a year ago and it has never failed to have something go wrong every month. Most all the issues are electrical. It has 126k miles. Is there light at the end of the tunnel or will the cheap electronics continue to fail over and over again?

#2 ·
What specific issues have you dealt with? These cars aren't known for constant electrical gremlins, but every once in a while there's a bad one built on a friday at the end of a shift, you know?

#3 ·
Had mine since 12/29/18, 2009, 113k. have had to replace camshaft solenoid, brakes, battery, changed hub assembly, Windshield washer doesn't work, headlights blew, blinker won't turn off automatically, I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting.

But after doing some work, the car runs and seems to be great. Runs like a champ. Hoping and praying it's gonna be half as good as my 07 was.

#4 ·
So ive had to replace the body control module ($700), the headlight wire harness has burned out, the battery has been defective, and other stuff has been done too. Also, the camshaft position sensor code is up right now so
Ill have to change that out too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.