Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Anyone used a no-drill front license plate holder

9K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TheCapnVideo 
#1 ·
I'd rather not put holes in the front of my 2010 Malibu. Has anyone found and used a front bumper license plate holder that doesn't require drilling holes, and one that isn't outrageously expensive ($50+) ?

#2 ·
I came up with two unique no-drill solutions for my two cars. I think the total cost combined was $10. My wife's Cruze required 4 outdoor reusable plastic twist ties and my SS used two large suction cups (available at any Target, Walmart, or craft store) and some 1/8 inch nylon rope. Both have been attached for 18 months with no issue.

All I can say is find where you want to hang the license plate and look at your available places to tie or otherwise fasten the bracket. As long as it's a sturdy solution and doesn't look like trash, there are no wrong answers. The factory mounting bracket for a 2010 Malibu splits the lower mesh grill and the bottom air inlet, lots of places to thread a narrow rope. Think outside the box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.