Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

New Malibu Owner

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  derbydriver185 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2010 Malibu LS from my step brother. He purchased it from his grandpa, who purchased it with 120,000 miles on it in 2016. It has been maintained very well, does not use or leak any fluids. Runs and drives flawlessly. The car currently has 201,000 miles on it.

He is giving me a great deal on it, but is there anything I should be worried about?

The only problems he has ever had with it is normal maintenance. He replaced both front wheel bearings and a couple hoses since he bought it with around 170,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
@derbydriver185

Nice picture! I love tint myself and wish I could make it darker than it is, but Officer Friendly might have something to say about it...

That screen name makes me think you live near Louisville where they have Churchill Downs, famous for the Kentucky Derby. Then I see a front plate holder (can't see the plate) and figure it must be another state.

Short list:
Change trans fluid every 50K.
Call dealer to see if there are any open recalls, such as EPS-related ones.
If you've never used RainX, try it. I love it!
A little pure silicone spray in the channels that the windows rise and lower in helps them run smooth and fast, and puts a little less strain on the motors.
If you change any light bulb in the headlight housing, do all of them! There are 4 bulbs and you can probably get by without replacing the high beams since they don't get used as much, but the side marker, turn signal, and low beam should all be done at the same time to save having to take it all apart again.

#3 ·
The tint is actually illegal here in Missouri, but never had an issue.

I run demolition derbies so that is where the name comes from!

Thanks for the reply, I am hoping to learn as much as I can about it. I would love to get another 50K out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.