Use RockAuto for New Parts - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnathanM
  • 1 Post By nutcrunch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Use RockAuto for New Parts

For those that don't know, (I'm sure this has been posted here before.), you can purchase almost any part for your year, make, and model from RockAuto.com. Specifically for Chevy, use this link, select your year, and then the model:
CHEVROLET Parts | RockAuto

Just for quick reference
2008 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

2009 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

2010 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

2011 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

2012 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

Obviously, there are generic parts you can purchase or even go cheaper with parts from a salvage year. Some parts, it won't matter since they are cheap enough anyway... can save you some gas and a trip. At the very least, it'll get you part numbers. Enjoy.
FrankTA2 likes this.

Last edited by JohnathanM; 03-17-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 05:12 PM
CMF Junior Member

Garage
Re: Use RockAuto for New Parts

Purchased a cam position sensor from them. Took like 3 days to get it but it was 15.00 cheaper.

thanks
pat

1970 Mercury cougar standard convertible. 1 of 1.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Chevy 1500 short bed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE (Wife`s daily driver)

2009 Malibu LT (My NEW daily driver)

Past:
1998 Chevy Malibu LS had to say goodbye(rotted rear chassis 2/15/16)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 06:34 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Bought an AC Delco fuel pump from them last year for my 02 GMC Sierra truck. Dealer wanted $360 plus tax, Amazon wanted $157 plus shipping, Rock Auto wanted $149.92 which including 2 day shipping.

2015 Impala 2LT
V6 305hp/264tq
Conv PKG
Adv Safety PKG
Sunroof
50/35 Suntek CXP tint

RIP

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
May 2012-Aug 2015

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 10:44 PM
CMF Junior Member

Garage

Priced out GM part numbers with rock auto prices. Rock auto is a bit more then the GM direct. Tough to find these cars in local salvage yards but slowly there coming.

thanks
pat

Past:
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 07:02 AM
CMF Senior Member

RockAuto is great and all but it has one huge monumental flaw. If your car needs to be repaired ASAP then you may not want to sit on your backside and wait for your part to be shipped to you. AutoZone, NAPA, o'Rileys, or another local parts retailer will usually have most common parts on hand.

2010 Chevy Malibu LTZ 2.4 Ecotec
Fully debadged, 25% tint on front doors & 15% on back doors and rear window, crappy Hypertech tuner, and HHR SS wheels with 245/45/18 tires

2002 Ford SVT Lightning supercharged 5.4
MP Blower @ 15psi, SCT Xcal2 tuner, catless Magnaflow exhaust, lots of suspension, lots of interior, and lots of other stuff.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 09:32 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

If I need parts right away then Advance Auto Parts is my go to. You can always find a code for 20-30 and even 40% off online. Order your stuff online, check out with the code then pick it up at the local store.
FrankTA2 likes this.

2015 Impala 2LT
V6 305hp/264tq
Conv PKG
Adv Safety PKG
Sunroof
50/35 Suntek CXP tint

RIP

May 2012-Aug 2015

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 10:23 AM
CMF Junior Member

Garage

Purchased a pass door speaker and the battery cover box. It took a couple of days but they were here. Ordered from GM PARTS DIRECT and never got a confirmation when they would be shipping. Ordered the same parts a week prior from gm parts direct and i got my parts and there original GM from rock auto faster!! Looks like if i cant go thru GM ill go thru rockauto.

thanks
pat

p.s. or just go thru the local GM dealership parts dept.

Past:
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 07:04 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrunch View Post
If I need parts right away then Advance Auto Parts is my go to. You can always find a code for 20-30 and even 40% off online. Order your stuff online, check out with the code then pick it up at the local store.
I'f I'm going to the store I prefer O'Reilly, then Autozone, and Advance is a last resort, even though they are closer to my house. Pretty much without fail, I get the wrong part from Advance and have to take it back.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 04:42 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

That's why I shop for the parts online, order them online then go to Advance and pick them up. No need to worry about someone looking up and giving you the wrong parts. Only problem I have had is sometimes they show something in stock but when I get to the store they don't have it. Only happened twice though so not a huge deal.
I rarely go to Autozone they are more expensive and seem to be a ricer store, well around here anyways.
Oreilly is ok but they are farther from me and more expensive than Advance.

2015 Impala 2LT
V6 305hp/264tq
Conv PKG
Adv Safety PKG
Sunroof
50/35 Suntek CXP tint

RIP

May 2012-Aug 2015

Last edited by nutcrunch; 05-11-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in