anti theft light and no power to car - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Thumbs down anti theft light and no power to car

I have a 2009 chevy malibu. today the anti theft light came on. when i started it up it cranked over but slowly like it had no power. i drove 15 minutes to work and stopped at the store. i got back in and it started again but very slow. drove not even a mile to work shut the car off..turned it back on and nothing!!!!! every light on the dash came on, check engine, anti theft, service air bag, esc off, traction control off, oil, tire pressure. it wont click over. the dash makes this buzzing noise as well..i tried turning it off and doing it again and still the same thing. then the lights would dim and then there would be no power to it at all. i tied turning key over an letting it sit for 10 mins but the car went into a seizure! it started clicking over and over again, lights all came on then dimmed. i even tried taking the key and putting it in the door turning it counterclockwise then clockwise and counter clock wise again. still nothing, the key remote wont work either..its just the standard remote that locks and unlocks it. it wont even do that!!! there isnt anything under my seat by the wire harness either.. a few days before this started my service air bag light came on as well. someone help please!!! i cant afford to drop $$$$$$ of money on it for someone to tell me this is what it is then it not work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Garage
Re: anti theft light and no power to car

Sounds a lot like the battery has given it up. Batteries in computerized cars, when they're low or dying, can cause all sorts of weird stuff to happen. Have the battery checked and/or replaced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 10:51 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Re: anti theft light and no power to car

Hi there,

Did the battery remedy your situation? I have the exact issue.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in