My '07 Garage Queen - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 03:46 PM
CMF Junior Member

Nice tbss... Luckily i haven't joined the spun bearing club but years ago pretty sure i had a piston ring issue in cylinder 7 (common issue with the ls1) but picked up a rebuilt motor for cheap. Well anyway good to see another LS enthusiast on here.
LS2 Blazer likes this.

08 Malibu LTZ 3.6
01 Camaro SS 6 speed manual
18 Equinox LT AWD 2.0T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage
Re: My '07 Garage Queen

It certainly shocked me when i spun a bearing. I only had 38k miles on her when it went. I thought for sure i'd have tranny issues before the motor. I was stocked when it spun a bearing, but luckily i was under warranty still, so while i had the headaches of the dealerships, at least all the motor swaps were "free".

The lower mileage ones are certainly great finds, and stock is even more rare... With how theyre holding their values, I have to admit, I've given it a thought or two about letting mine go... Time will tell.

2014 Malibu LTZ 2LZ|Weather Techs|LED interior conversion|LED exterior|K&N SRI|Blacked out BowTies|20% tints.
2007 TBSS|Heavily modified and a never ending project.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 06:43 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Yeah crazy when i had mine happen!! Mine wasnít free! . Yeah Iíve been thinking about selling mine. They sell fast. I want a CTs-v or a Chevy SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LS2 Blazer likes this.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 05:33 PM
CMF Junior Member

knock on wood mine is ok. I take it easy and I change the oil so I've been lucky. I can top that: My friend had a Maggie mounted on his TB for at least 4 years and did not blow his original tranny. The trick is to double back on the torque management when you tune. He's still running on the original motor too, no spun bearing!

That's how a truck should run. Get in and drive etc. Who has time (or money) to fix????
LS2 Blazer and B-radmalibu like this.

'02 CAMARO SS SOM; 5.7L LS1/FLS6B
'08 TBSS AWD Black Granite Metallic
'15 Malibu LTZ 2LZ Turbo

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-radmalibu View Post
Yeah crazy when i had mine happen!! Mine wasnít free! . Yeah Iíve been thinking about selling mine. They sell fast. I want a CTs-v or a Chevy SS.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I bought a GM extended warranty before the factory 3/36 ran out. The irony in my situation was the fact that it took them 4 motors to finally get me a good one! Loooooooong story behind that lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
knock on wood mine is ok. I take it easy and I change the oil so I've been lucky. I can top that: My friend had a Maggie mounted on his TB for at least 4 years and did not blow his original tranny. The trick is to double back on the torque management when you tune. He's still running on the original motor too, no spun bearing!

That's how a truck should run. Get in and drive etc. Who has time (or money) to fix????
these pigs are definitely hit or miss. There are folks like me who blew up in stock form, then there are the heavy hitters with no problems at all. Still a fun truck to drive and a head turner to say the least.

2014 Malibu LTZ 2LZ|Weather Techs|LED interior conversion|LED exterior|K&N SRI|Blacked out BowTies|20% tints.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 01:33 PM
CMF Junior Member

^They sure are. I love mine to death. A lot of people abused these trucks back in the day (just like they abused ls1 Camaros), so a lot of their problems stemmed from jughead racing. However, there were still some gremlins that were caused by GM's well known quality quirks. All and all, these are great driving, well behaved and dependable trucks that will continue to gain respect and value over time.
LS2 Blazer and B-radmalibu like this.

'15 Malibu LTZ 2LZ Turbo

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
^They sure are. I love mine to death. A lot of people abused these trucks back in the day (just like they abused ls1 Camaros), so a lot of their problems stemmed from jughead racing. However, there were still some gremlins that were caused by GM's well known quality quirks. All and all, these are great driving, well behaved and dependable trucks that will continue to gain respect and value over time.
I sure hope they gain value. They are certainly getting more and more rare. Between all of the thefts in MI, CA, CO, and TX, all the way to the chopped up molested mods/projects, and total losses from accidents or demolition... I'd say there is a good chance they hold their values

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:18 PM
CMF Junior Member

Yea they were stealing them over here and in Atlanta, Calif. etc. Texas too. People don't appreciate things until they're gone. Jugheads go wild with just the mention of LSX......all that power and they can't drive in a straight line! Lol!!!!!!!
LS2 Blazer likes this.

'15 Malibu LTZ 2LZ Turbo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in