My '07 Garage Queen - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage
My '07 Garage Queen

I'm sure most have that one toy that's their weekend warrior/garage queen, and like most of you, I use my Turbo Malibu as my daily driver.

That being said, my toy is my 2007 Trailblazer SS. I bought it used in 2008 with only 9k miles on her. She now has 60k miles and is pretty heavily modified. She's RWD and dyno'd 427 rhwp/418 ft lbs tq with a best 1/4 mile time of 12.5. I've done everything from cosmetic upgrades, down to completely swapping motors. I am a valued member of the dreaded spun bearing club that the SS' are known for with their terrible oiling issues. She now has a crate LS2 motor from GM that has head work and is cammed with all supporting mods. She's stalled, tuned, with long tube headers and a full Corsa Exhaust, lowered on 22" Chrome reps and is a pretty good sleeper until you hear her

Here are some pix and vids...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HVAC leds.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	62619   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180609_185647.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	62621   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150429_145226.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	62623   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150920_160408.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	62625   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180708_140827.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	62627  

2014 Malibu LTZ 2LZ|Weather Techs|LED interior conversion|LED exterior|K&N SRI|Blacked out BowTies|20% tints.
2007 TBSS|Heavily modified and a never ending project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Re: My '07 Garage Queen

That's a damn fine automobile right there. Running mid 12s is smokin fast in an SUV! Sucks it needed that engine swap, but sounds like quite a beast now, and all sorted out for reliability.

One of few family vehicles that can get away with that Corvette emblem, too.
LS2 Blazer likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Chevy SS Sedan
6.2L LS3 V8/6-Speed Manual
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp-the-nerd View Post
That's a damn fine automobile right there. Running mid 12s is smokin fast in an SUV! Sucks it needed that engine swap, but sounds like quite a beast now, and all sorted out for reliability.

One of few family vehicles that can get away with that Corvette emblem, too.
thx man! Not in street trim of course, i have to swap my 17" radials and shed some lbs (seats, speaker box) for me to dip into the 12's, but for a 5,000 lb vehicle... i'm happy with the outcome. It's actually the 4th motor in the truck ... long stories behind that... all swapped at the dealer too I had an extended bumper to bumper warranty on her but if I could go back and do it all over, I just wouldve paid for things out of pocket and did it once and be done with it...

As for the emblem... ehh... i was young once .. I've had the truck for 11 years now and in my 20's I thought it was "cool" to put that emblem on... it has since been taken off now that I am older and have a ton more knowledge on LS based motors and respect for vehicles, it just doesnt fit the vehicle...

Nice SS btw! Took a test drive in one of them while all the motor swaps were going on and i was having a decision to trade in my truck or not... those sedans boogie!
cp-the-nerd likes this.

2014 Malibu LTZ 2LZ|Weather Techs|LED interior conversion|LED exterior|K&N SRI|Blacked out BowTies|20% tints.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

As long as a car has a Corvette engine in it and real performance intentions, I'm not going to judge the Corvette emblem, haha.

The SS sedan is a hell of a lot of fun. It rewards you for grabbing it by the scruff of its neck and breaking the rear loose, that was a weird feeling to get used to. It's totally comfortable being driven like an action movie, to the point of feeling more natural that way versus driving normally, and I'm by no means some veteran race car driver.

My old 3.6L Malibu drove and handled very well for a FWD sedan, but felt progressively less confident as you pushed to 7 tenths and beyond.
lbls1 and LS2 Blazer like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Chevy SS Sedan
6.2L LS3 V8/6-Speed Manual
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:55 AM
CMF Junior Member

Hey Iím in the spun bearing club too!! Looks good man!! I have a turbo Malibu as my DD too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-radmalibu View Post
Hey Iím in the spun bearing club too!! Looks good man!! I have a turbo Malibu as my DD too lol

welcome to the club!
B-radmalibu likes this.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 05:19 PM
CMF Junior Member

Very nice. I have an '08 that I've owned since new. It isn't a daily driver (I take care of 'SS models and special edition cars). I love my malibu too, but it is my daily driver so that I get to pamper my other girls.
cp-the-nerd and LS2 Blazer like this.

'02 CAMARO SS SOM; 5.7L LS1/FLS6B
'08 TBSS AWD Black Granite Metallic
'15 Malibu LTZ 2LZ Turbo

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage

nice! I see you have a pretty rare color for your SS in the black granite. The imperial blue's are pretty rare too and the superior blue's are even more rare. Definitely unique vehicles to say the least

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:15 PM
CMF Junior Member

These were great trucks. The TBs were definitely trendsetters in the genre. They stood out against its competition with the perimeter frame, good ride characteristics, towing, and performance. Its too bad that such an animal no longer exists with SUVs. TBs are holding their value as well; Most TBs in the market have over 100,000 miles, and finding a mint, low mile example is like the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Funny you should mention it, when I first saw the TBSS I wanted the lighter blue. I later settled for Imperial Blue, that is until I test drove my future truck. I liked it well enough, but when I saw them putting it away the color grew on me, and at the end of the day I changed my mind and had to have the Black Granite. The rest, as they say, was history.
LS2 Blazer likes this.

'02 CAMARO SS SOM; 5.7L LS1/FLS6B
'08 TBSS AWD Black Granite Metallic
'15 Malibu LTZ 2LZ Turbo

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 04:38 AM
CMF Junior Member

Just found a 07 tbss imperial blue with 27k miles for sale around me.

LS2 Blazer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in