Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 Malibu 31,000 miles for $13,194

9K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Silver LTZ 
#1 ·
I found a used Malibu near me for $13,200 with 31,000 miles on it, this is about the best deal I've seen and I was wondering what problems, if any, I should be looking for. It's an LS Malibu.

#7 ·
that car looks clean an taken care of, but look at it in person. get under it look for things that are unusual, drive it listen to the engine.... and the trans

#9 ·
Rental vehicles get a bad rap. In many cases a rental vehicle has received much better maintenance than used vehicles that were not rentals. If everything checks out good on it, why wouldn't it be a good purchase?
I purchased a rental and am extremely happy with it.

Do a Google search for articles regarding purchasing rental vehicles and you'll find that many experts say that it can be a great idea/deal.

#10 ·
for example when i had my "bu" in the shop i got a brand new rental equinox to drive from the rent-a-car place. I decided to get the insurence that you could purchess for like 10 bucks a day...........
i was off roading with it, doing one wheel burnout's ( which is very very bad for the trans) , hitting railroad tracks and getting air just about every time :)
and just all around beating the living crap out of the car.
i would never buy a vehicle that i knew was driven like that.....

#14 ·
in the last post i said i decided to get the insurance, but actualy i was told i HAD to get the insurance
that being said, i wouldn't have driven the car like it was stolen if i dident have that extra insurance, i wouldn't have done all that because i don't want MY insurance going up ;p

#17 ·
...Yeah, that totally validates what you did.........

#15 ·
Well guess what? If you would have gotten in an acident, your own insurance would go up weather you had the supplemental insurnace on the rental or not. The supplemental insurance on the rentals only covers their ass not yours.

#19 ·
well it ended up not working out for some reason, i looked at a car near me and with the car and tag, tax and title it was $16,000 + for about $250 a month and this car here for $13,200 somehow ended up being about $280 and that was the lowest they could get it for which doesnt make sense because they said it was going to be 9% interest for 72 months, so 9% of 13200 = 1188 so thats 14388 and over 72 months that = $199

am i missing something out here? or were they trying to rip me off?

#20 ·
9%?! Yikes!

Is that the best interest rate you can get? Is that through the dealer or are you getting your own financing? Is your credit a little shaky?

#21 ·
its through he dealership and he said i would probably get 9% because im only 22 and the only other car loan ive had was for $4000, but what i want to know is why are they saying a $14000 loan is $280 a month over 72 months? when i think it should be around $200 a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.