• 1 Post By DrivenDaily
  • 1 Post By cp-the-nerd
  • 1 Post By campb292
  • 1 Post By perfectreign

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

2019 Chevrolet Blazer Review

Nothing about the new 2019 Chevrolet Blazer makes much sense to me. The name, the design, the price, and the mission are all out of sync with what is actually presented: a reasonably competent crossover.

Read More >>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Re: 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Review

Interesting review. GM seems to be making good on that promise to add auto stop/start to most vehicles by 2020 considering they added it to the 2.5 and 3.6.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Malibu 1LT
1.5T, 6T40, 2 wipers, 4 wheels, 8 cupholders, 16 valves, 32 thingamabobbers
Born 1/20/2016 in Fairfax, KS, Purchased 3/6/2016

RIP Chevrolet Cruze
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:30 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I think it is uglier than sin. Call me old school but quite honestly, I miss the designs of the late 90s to early 2000s. I don't call this innovative, I just call it looking like every other vehicle out there today, squinty looking eyes for lights and a giant novelty grill that does nothing but add looks to it.
cartire98 and Gil like this.

Current Vehicles
2011 Chevy Malibu 1LT (LTZ) Silver Ice Metallic / Cocoa-Cashmere 2.4L
2003 Chevy Impala Base Bronzemist Metallic 3.4L - Second Daily Driver
1986 Chevy S-10 Light Blue Metallic 2.8L w/Western Isarmatic Mark III Plow - Damaged from engine fire, definitely repairable!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Traded
2005 Chevy Impala Comfort Plus Base Light Driftwood Metallic 3.4L - Primary Driver
1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S Light Adriatic Metallic 3.1L - Primary

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:45 PM
CMF Senior Member

Garage

I concur, but in my mind it makes me feel that if my wife buys one, and I only have to drive on Saturdays to Walmart to pick up ten bags of mulch...that the "folks" would respect my "parking area/needs" per sť...unlike the status quo with "her 2011 Equinox"...
Thus, I wouldn't buy one myself...but would love to see the looks on "my neighbors faces" as I drive up upon them with that "front" end. Having said that, the rear end looks fine. And that is why it's the wife's call...but it looks good on paper based on my needs...just sayin !Tommy/sir...CPS

R.I.P beautiful 2009 (March 12th 2013 07:02:28 EDT)
My '13 Malibu is a 1 3/4 LT; Wife drives a '19 Equinox LT; Kids drive foreign things and Ford's
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Garage

[rant]

I think it looks great (when I close my eyes).

Like @!Tommy says, the grille, which is kinda like a nose on a face, is just plain ugly.

The "trendy" huge polygon just to hold a teensy-weensy fog light. Oh, the light is round, too.

From the side, BIG wheels, hardly any body between them. Short and stubby looking.

Overall, it looks like someone in management has had some kind relationship with a plastic surgeon, and the whole design reveals it.

Not all of the parts of the rig are ugly. Think of it like a beautiful young lady who has low self-esteem, or is trapped into being like "everyone else", and then ruins her looks by getting augmenting for her lips, cheeks, eyelashes, and boobs. Average good looks are not a bad thing that needs to be "improved"!

Did I mention the ugly front end is keeping up with the current trends in huge, gawdy openings?

[/rant]
!Tommy likes this.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I was put off by the sheer shock value of the design at first, but its grown on me considerably. I'll absolutely look at these on the used market when my wife and I start cranking out babies. The 3.6L/9A will move this vehicle with ease.

If the Blazer puts you off, the new Acadia has been unveiled (GMC sibling) and it's more mature looking. I like both.

!Tommy likes this.

2017 Chevy SS Sedan
6.2L LS3 V8/6-Speed Manual
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I don't mind the looks at all. GM is definitely following popular trends. But again I don't see vehicle body lines as an expression of my soul or anything. It reminds me of a classic design of the late 90s:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61hPg6k2QfL_1551226312475._UY546_.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	62687  
DrivenDaily likes this.

2016 Malibu 1LT
1.5T, 6T40, 2 wipers, 4 wheels, 8 cupholders, 16 valves, 32 thingamabobbers
Born 1/20/2016 in Fairfax, KS, Purchased 3/6/2016

RIP Chevrolet Cruze
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Garage

I had to LOL about the classic and then how you revealed your vision with something even uglier.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 06:55 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions, nothing wrong with that. As Cartire98 said, nothing really that wrong with the front. But the front is just, blegh!

If you ask me, that front end looks like something modified by Photoshop, The top part of the front is literally just squished all together while the grille on down has been overstretched. It just looks awful to me.

campb292, you mentioned popular trends. I guess obviously whatever sells the most and minorities like me either have to live with it or find an alternative. But in *my* opinion, why follow trends when you could set yourself apart and be different? People like to color their hair goofy colors (which I cannot stand) and they call it expressing themselves or more literally, standing out from others. So why should all cars look and feel the same? I think @DrivenDaily posted in a thread somewhere about how all the newer Chevys essentially look the same in the front except certain spacing in the grille and the narrowness of the headlight fixtures. I know I certainly agree with that. If you don't even look at size....how do you even know what is what? The only one that looks even remotely different than the rest is the Impala.

I wonder how many people could identify these cars without looking them up?

Current Vehicles
2011 Chevy Malibu 1LT (LTZ) Silver Ice Metallic / Cocoa-Cashmere 2.4L
2003 Chevy Impala Base Bronzemist Metallic 3.4L - Second Daily Driver
1986 Chevy S-10 Light Blue Metallic 2.8L w/Western Isarmatic Mark III Plow - Damaged from engine fire, definitely repairable!

Traded
2005 Chevy Impala Comfort Plus Base Light Driftwood Metallic 3.4L - Primary Driver
1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S Light Adriatic Metallic 3.1L - Primary
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 08:32 PM
CMF Senior Member

Thanks for the link. I read it the article with memories of my '95 Jimmy (s15 twin of the Blazer) in mind.

The things I loved about the Blazer were rear wheel drive, true 4WD, and a good size. When the engine worked it was great.

The only things I didnít care for were the fact that the engine had a very early sequential fuel injection system that clogged up at least three times over the lifetime of owning it, about 180000 miles in six years.

The new "Blazer" seems like the antithesis of its namesake - more like something a soccer mom would have so she doesn't drive a minivan. I'll take an S15 or K5 thsnk you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
!Tommy likes this.

Kai
2006 Avalanche | 2016 Malibu Hybrid

a turn signal is a statement, not a request
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in