Best Window Tint Brands? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Best Window Tint Brands?

I recently bought myself a new Malibu. Now, I'm contacting a few different shops to tint my car. My question is, what tint do you guys prefer? I've heard good things about F1 Pinnacle, Huper Optik, Llumar, and so-on.

If you have pics, feel free to post em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Garage
Re: Best Window Tint Brands?

This is my 2nd car with Llumar. I haven't had any experience with the others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I have used Llumar on most of my cars and solar gard on one. Both are very nice brands of window tint. Avoid dyed tint as those are the ones that turn purple and start to bubble over time. Llumar is supposed to be very good with their lifetime warranty, but I have never ran into issues needing tint warrantied.

The malibu with Llumar

My old impala with 20%, Llumar again

My old ram with solar gard 20%

I don't have any inside shots at the moment because I seem to have misplaced them and don't know how. All of the tint I have used seems pretty good at resisting scratches too. All of them aren't colored funny or anything. New and even now the tint is a dark charcoal grey.

09' Malibu LTZ with brick leather interior
4 cyl w/6 speed auto
Silver Ice Metallic paint

Mods: PTM bow ties, grill, washer nozzles, and fog light trim
-20% tint
-MTX600XD, 2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1, 4 gauge stinger wire, Pioneer 7800MP CD player
-5000K HID headlights and 3000K fog lights
-White LED's in the switches and handles
-Blacklight overhead console LED's
-Painted and polished factory aluminum wheels

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 07:14 PM
CMF Senior Member

Garage

I had Lumar in my previous car and I found it fogged up a lot in colder weather. I use to put RainX AntiFog on the inside just so that it wouldn't fog up as much.

On my current car, I have Solar Gard and I've yet to apply AntiFog.

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT Platinum Edition
Silver Ice Metallic with 22% Solar Gard Window Tint
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 08:06 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I've had both Malibus we've owned tinted with Sun Tek film and have been very happy with it. We used the high performance film on the 06 and the 13 has the carbon. Both had lifetime warranties but the high performance was dyed and didn't have the lifetime warranty for fading. It never did fade on us though.
I prefer the carbon though because it has a blacker look than the high performance which was a smokey color.

2015 Impala 2LT
V6 305hp/264tq
Conv PKG
Adv Safety PKG
Sunroof
50/35 Suntek CXP tint

RIP

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
May 2012-Aug 2015

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Okay, so I've decided to go with F1 Pinnacle, which is made by Llumar. I'm going in on Thursday to get it put on. Now, the question is should I get the windshield brow? I see the use in it, but don't know if I like the look.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:48 PM
CMF Senior Member

My car has Llumar window tint.

I have had the front taken off once then replaced (due to a ticket).

The two front windows have a couple scratches up towards the top. The rear windows are fine, and the back glass is holding up perfectly even with defroster use.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
CMF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfernandez View Post
Okay, so I've decided to go with F1 Pinnacle, which is made by Llumar. I'm going in on Thursday to get it put on. Now, the question is should I get the windshield brow? I see the use in it, but don't know if I like the look.
Good choice .

In my opinion I think the windshield strip only looks good if it has a graduated tint.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

The guy at the place that did the windshield strip on ours did a kind of odd curve to it where it is wider at the ends then gets smaller near the middle where the rearview mirror is which I thought was weird at first but I like it now. I don't have the best picture to show it but you can kind of see it in these.

I don't like when there is a big strip on there and I told the guy that I didn't want it to look like that so I guess that's why he did it. I like the way it looks but it sure doesn't help much with the sun to be honest.

2015 Impala 2LT
V6 305hp/264tq
Conv PKG
Adv Safety PKG
Sunroof
50/35 Suntek CXP tint

RIP

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
May 2012-Aug 2015

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Big
CMF Senior Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrunch View Post
The guy at the place that did the windshield strip on ours did a kind of odd curve to it where it is wider at the ends then gets smaller near the middle where the rearview mirror is /...
it's not exactly an odd curve...
it's exaclty a straight line (he did'nt work at all to do the curve)
it curves naturally due to the windshield shape.

...and to stay on the tint brands thread...
I never really checked for a brand...I just went to a window tint shop and selected the color I wanted
...the times I tried it myself, I always found the way to get squeege hair between the tint and the glass...

Big

Swim...

Bike...

Run...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in