2013 malibu turbo fuel psi - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Plague

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

2013 malibu turbo fuel psi

I was wondering what the 2.0 turbo fuel rail psi is, I'm having some issues with the car jerking under load it's showing 3100 kpa at idle. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Re: 2013 malibu turbo fuel psi

I don't have the answer for your question, but is it throwing any codes and have you addressed the possibility of bad carbon build up from the direct injection?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Chevy SS Sedan
6.2L LS3 V8/6-Speed Manual
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Garage

Also, others can probably help you a bit better if you'll also include the number of miles on the odo, the kind of gas you use (octane, whether it's Top Tier, how low you go before filling up, etc), and any other stuff that could make a difference for members offering to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

It has only has 70000 miles i run 89 octane fill up when it gets around 1/4, the car started out with a small sudder around 42mph I replaced the plugs and coils but still no chance the rpms will fluctuate up and down just avarge driving with no incline but more noticeable uphill, the other day I was driving and it seem like It had no boost It gave a code p0014 and p0171 i replaced the vvt solenoid on the ex side and it fixed the boost problem but it still doing the same thing as before rpms still fluctuate thought it could be the torque converter but it does it when cold. When you first start the car it will black smoke for just a second the tail pipe tips are black like it running rich.It dont use any oil and is powerful like it should be, would a boost leak make it do this?

Last edited by Jimlogger; 03-27-2019 at 07:24 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:16 AM
CMF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimlogger View Post
I was wondering what the 2.0 turbo fuel rail psi is, I'm having some issues with the car jerking under load it's showing 3100 kpa at idle. Thanks
I am in no way an actual technician and you're better off getting a professional opinion over what I say.

That said 3,100kpa seems like it's right around the normal operating range of a direct injection idle pressure. 3,100kpa is about 450psi. Of course this isn't GM specific but a direct injection engine can run from about 300psi(2,000kpa) to around 2,500psi(17,000kpa) all depending on engine type, load, air induction, ect.

At idle your engine isn't under a load and there's no boost being produced from the turbo so your fuel demand will be low. For now i'd say your 3,100kpa is about normal....... Unless you can find someone with more knowledge that can say for certain if it's low or not.
DrivenDaily likes this.

2010 Chevy Malibu LTZ 2.4 Ecotec
Fully debadged, 25% tint on front doors & 15% on back doors and rear window, crappy Hypertech tuner, and HHR SS wheels with 245/45/18 tires

2002 Ford SVT Lightning supercharged 5.4
MP Blower @ 15psi, SCT Xcal2 tuner, catless Magnaflow exhaust, lots of suspension, lots of interior, and lots of other stuff.

Last edited by Plague; 04-06-2019 at 02:18 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:26 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimlogger View Post
It has only has 70000 miles i run 89 octane fill up when it gets around 1/4, the car started out with a small sudder around 42mph I replaced the plugs and coils but still no chance the rpms will fluctuate up and down just avarge driving with no incline but more noticeable uphill, the other day I was driving and it seem like It had no boost It gave a code p0014 and p0171 i replaced the vvt solenoid on the ex side and it fixed the boost problem but it still doing the same thing as before rpms still fluctuate thought it could be the torque converter but it does it when cold. When you first start the car it will black smoke for just a second the tail pipe tips are black like it running rich.It dont use any oil and is powerful like it should be, would a boost leak make it do this?
Cold start up normal to puff black as rich fuel is needed for cold starts.
P0171 code
Possible causes
•Intake air leaks
•Faulty front heated oxygen sensor
•Ignition misfiring
•Faulty fuel injectors
•Exhaust gas leaks
•Incorrect fuel pressure
•Lack of fuel
•Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
•Incorrect Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) hose connection

John
"some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
09 Malibu LS
11 Tahoe LTZ
16 Equinox LTZ 3.6
01 FLHR
Ski Doo's & Sea Doo
02 Malibu traded
67 Malibu sold
64 Malibu sold
07 Mustang GT 3 pedals sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in