Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Making it My 2014 Malibu SS

23K views 47 replies 29 participants last post by  06mazda3 
#1 ·
Here's a couple of things I did to my LT, replaced rear script with a chrome 1964 "Malibu SS" using 3M tape, 17" Beyern multispoke wheels with Vogue white wall gold ring tires, and 1957 Chevy hood rockets in front where the optional fog lamps go. Richard

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Have to be honest, that stuff looks way out of place on there and not to mention cheesy.
At least drop the SS badge, that is an insult to the real SS models and trust me it ain't fooling anyone.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

#5 ·
I had to look up chessy, it's defined as "lacking class and style". I been registered less than a day, and the very first comment I get on a posting was this one and your "welcome to the Forum". After thinking about it a few hours, I can see the comment itself was lacking class and style and the Commentor was lacking class and style. I was excited to share with other Malibu enthusiasts, but what I've apparently joined is a shooting gallery for drama queens. I'm out.

#4 ·
I wouldn't do it to mine but if you're comfy that's all that matters.

Even though the entire name plate "Malibu SS" is from yesteryear and doesn't really belong on that car, at least that and the rockets up front are kinda keepin' an Old Skool Chebby theme.

#7 ·
While I would never do that to my own car, to each his own, and IMO that old school Malibu badge looks baller. Also, car enthusiasts all love to pick on each other, so dont get down by the first negative comment someone makes about your car, there's alot more to come. Atleast on this site, they cant make fun of you for driving a Malibu....lol

#8 · (Edited)
I'm not going to lie and act like a yes man if it looks cheesy, sorry.
I will welcome you to the forum however, so stop acting like a drama queen.

See ya

#16 ·
See what happens when you go too far??

#18 ·
I'm kinda old school so Saturday night I thought I'd put some tail fins on my truck, Shelby lettering on the tailgate and Hemi badging on the hood. Then maybe some 35" whitewall tires.

I then put down the whiskey bottle and went to bed. I woke up thinking straighter and abandoned that idea. Too bad some people don't wait until they get sober to start modding their vehicles...

#19 ·
Hey wait,I have HEMI badging on my truck out of the factory.

#21 ·
I can live with the badging... the wheels look goofy to me but I’m old and do not live in California.

Rock your car, own it.. and put up with the criticism! I removed all my badging on my car the day I got it (minus the Bow Ties).

#22 ·
Haha, I love the old "Malibu SS" name plate! I'm no big fan of adding stuff to the body but that really works...although not a true SS it's yours and you made it an SS.
Anyway I think it's cool I live close to you in Alameda I hope to see you sometime on the 880.
I'll be adding pics here soon of mine when I'm done adding a few factory things, just picked it up 2 weeks ago.

#23 ·

Attachments

#24 ·
I find it interesting that while making a SS nobody actually put some more power under the hood. just badges and cheesy stuff.
I'm not the guy to be adding badges to cars, specially if said car was never made. I dont even like factory name and trim level badges.
If I were to do such thing I would have started in the power and suspension department before going all show with no go.

#27 ·
At one time, I considered getting SS badges for my V6 after some modding (the kind from the Cobalt or Camaro), but it's been several years and I can't stomach aftermarket badging at all anymore.

#28 ·
I've added some Texas state badges--flag design or state outline on cars in the past--but have restrained myself with current cars. Haven't reached the point of debadging the factory stuff, but not ready to add anything unnecessarily. All a matter of taste and personal desires. Personally, I like the SS on '60s era cars--but then, it's because I lived them!

#30 ·
hmmpff.. Well.. having owned Super Sport Chevys, The old school Malibu SS emblem does look out of place on that car.. and while we may disagree what looks right or not..you have to remember that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the other guy thinks. If it makes it for you then all good by me. Toughen up that skin bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.