Sign On issues... - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
CMF Veteran Member

Sign On issues...

is anyone else having an issue (since yesterday) where you go to sign on the Forum and the Forum signs you on automatically without you doing anything but clicking on User Name???...I have noticed issues with other car websites since yesterday that have since been resolved there but notice it is still doing this on this Forum...

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Garage
Re: Sign On issues...

The owners are aware of it and have stated (to the moderation staff) the following, with edits:

Quote:
A system called CloudFlare will be added to the site later today. (3/27/2019)

Some thing to note:
CloudFlare improves speed and security
This is not the first site we have added it to so you're not a test pilot
You might see some brief outages or SSL errors for a few minutes

You should in fact just see improvements in load times and reaction.
We are standing by and observing...

I'm not sure if it'll help with debugging or diagnosis, but if you can indicate which browser and OS you're using, please do so. (Chrome, FireFox, IE, Edge, Safari, etc.)

I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

Last edited by DrivenDaily; 03-28-2019 at 04:24 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport View Post
is anyone else having an issue (since yesterday) where you go to sign on the Forum and the Forum signs you on automatically without you doing anything but clicking on User Name???...I have noticed issues with other car websites since yesterday that have since been resolved there but notice it is still doing this on this Forum...

Bill
are you still having these issues? this is actually something I've never heard of until now?
there was some caching issues that we might expect but I'm not too sure if it's the same thing.

If you can give me more detailed information on how this happened, and how to replicate it, it might help.

Lee

If you need Admin Assitance please post here:

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
CMF Veteran Member

it could be an issue with the newly updated Safari or OSX on Macintosh but when I go to sign on, I start to sign in using my user name and my computer finishes my sign on and enters the information on its own...

I am still looking into if it is a computer issue or on these websites as it is more than just Malibu Forum (it is the SS Forum as well)...on other websites of mine they do not automatically sign on unless I hit the enter key or Log On key

Bill
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
CMF Veteran Member

if this helps at all, the Cadillac Owners .com website which is a different type than this website was doing the same thing (with some additional issues) and was able to fix it with a security update at their end...

I can say that it is not automatically signing me on anymore...

Good luck,

Bill
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Garage

Hello there,

The next time you sign in, click on "remember me" and see if that helped with the issue.
I would suggest clearing your caches and cookies as well.

Let me know if you're still encountering this issue.

Ed

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
CMF Veteran Member

I've done the clear cookies and clear cache...I am using mac OSX and Safari and this may be something with Safari and it's latest update...something mentioned about "streamlining sign on"...

As I mentioned it doesn't do this for all websites just a few and it is odd but I was reading something yesterday that indicated this may be a new "feature" on Safari...

Thanks for your attention in this

Bill

Last edited by SilverSport; 03-30-2019 at 04:10 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Garage

you on the new mojave OS?

I rarely use safari so I'm not too familiar with their features but if we're on the same platform, we should have the same results when testing errors.

Lee

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
CMF Veteran Member

no, mine is an older Mac and I'm still only able to use High Sierra...it only does this on three of the car websites I go to but they are all of the style/type that this Forum is...

I was never able to get to the remember me box as after I signed my user name my computer would auto fill my password and then I was signed on...prior to this last update I was able to auto fill sign on...then my password...then the remember me box...then I could sign on but only after I did this...

Thanks again for the attention int his...it is appreciated

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in