Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, I have a Malibu 2021 turbo, after the vehicle stopped for 8 hours, or if the engine was cold, this sound occurs during operation. I want to know this problem, did it happen to you as well

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,763 Posts
Which engine? Both offerings were turbo, the 1.5T and the 2.0T.

What are any other conditions present when this happens, such as ambient air temp, oil level, coolant level, etc.?

What country are you in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
[/اقتبس]
Which engine? Both offerings were turbo, the 1.5T and the 2.0T.

What are any other conditions present when this happens, such as ambient air temp, oil level, coolant level, etc.?

What country are you in?
I’m based in Saudi Arabia, using 1.5T engine remaining all normal condition.

?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello guys, I have a Malibu 2021 turbo, after the vehicle stopped for 8 hours, or if the engine was cold, this sound occurs during operation. I want to know this problem, did it happen to you as well

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,453 Posts
It's sounds awful. I have not viewed a video with the same noise. In your location does this car have a warranty? Is it a GCC car? Do you have any warning lights on?

My first thought is "I bet that's what it sounds like when you've busted a piston". Good news I don't think it's that because it shouldn't only make that sound after 8 hours cold. Maybe a leaking injector pooling up and you're getting some misfires? But then you'd have fault codes.

I'd be interested in seeing a video of the engine running normally for example on a warm restart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's sounds awful. I have not viewed a video with the same noise. In your location does this car have a warranty? Is it a GCC car? Do you have any warning lights on?

My first thought is "I bet that's what it sounds like when you've busted a piston". Good news I don't think it's that because it shouldn't only make that sound after 8 hours cold. Maybe a leaking injector pooling up and you're getting some misfires? But then you'd have fault codes.

I'd be interested in seeing a video of the engine running normally for example on a warm restart.
Always in the morning and I go to work, or if a car stops without running for 8-12 hours, and now the situation has evolved in the first operation, the vehicle turns off again and turns on again, this sound comes out, yes I am in Gcc

?!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,453 Posts
A 2021 should have a warranty unless it is sold as is as a salvage car. If it has a warranty take it in for diagnosis and repair. It is not possible for me to speculate further based on limited info such as warning lights/fault codes, noise location (engine driver side, engine passenger side, engine center, rear exhaust), mileage, and purchase date.

I was under the impression the gen9 cars sold in GCC region had the gen9 body and 2.5L engine. GM made this decision because of extremely hot environment. Having switched to the turbo makes me think 1) bad decision on GM's part or 2) this car was sold in another region such as North America, damaged or classified a lemon, then repaired and shipped for resale abroad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts