Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Chevy Malibu LS 3.1 V6 110,000 miles. I just replaced the fuel regulator because gas was coming out of it. Now very rough idle feels like it will stall. Sorta revs up and down on its own. It didn't have any of the common symptoms of a bad regulator except for the very strong odor. I noticed the regulator leaking when I replaced the water pump. Also I'm not to sure what the throttle body or the housing should look like but they were filthy. The housing had a bunch of built up gunk on the bottom of it. I did wipe it down and got the build up off to find a small hole in center, hopefully that was the right thing to do? Any input will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
273 Posts
now you restored the fuel regulator function so the pressure reduced or more controlled than before, that is clear at low rpm during Idle, you still need to restore the engine condition check for vacuum leaks, clean MAF sensor throttle body, check ignition system condition spark plugs, ignition wires & coils and also the fuel pump if it is healthy. all basic maintenance should be confirmed done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went to start it up and it did but the rpms seem a lil high at 1200 and as I was backing out engine light came on steady. Another thing yesterday I was turning key to the on position for fuel pump and my battery died, jumped it and started. This morning battery still good. Thank you ma7amad I will check those things today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update turns out it was a vacuum leak at the throttle body, I didn't have the nut tight enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts