Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 chevy malibu classic, the problem that i have found is while driving i get a hum from what sounds like it is from the center engine area. what i found is on the passenger side of the car i can grab the cv shaft and it seems to wobble where it goes into the trans, ant idea

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 04 chevy malibu classic, the problem that i have found is while driving i get a hum from what sounds like it is from the center engine area. what i found is on the passenger side of the car i can grab the cv shaft and it seems to wobble where it goes into the trans, ant idea
Did you ever find out what the noise was? I am having the same problem, where it is a humming noise that seems to be coming from the center of the engine, not from either wheel. I already replaced one wheel hub because it seemed to be coming more from one side than the other, but the noise is still there. Both CV shafts seem to have about the same amount of wobble on the side that goes into the transmission, so it seems to be a normal amount of wobble (???). I would appreciate knowing what you found out. Thank you!

--Rick

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,162 Posts
This thread is 2 1/2 years old. The OP has a toal post count of 1. Not likely he's still around, or that you'll get an answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.