Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 04 LT and it's been a nightmare. Mechanically so far there have been no major issues as of yet. Unfortunately the electrical and lighting have been crazy. First aftermarket headlights and taillights were installed when I bought it. The headlight assembly was removed to instal projector Halo lights and a 5 pin pigtail was inserted by previous owner which burned out shortly after purchase. The parts store could not find replacement aftermarket pigtails. Couldn't figure out where they got them. The cooling fans stopped working but thermostat functions correct. Fans operate great if turned on with switch. The shifter would not go from park to drive if car was started."sometime" but it stopped on its own. The key fob stopped working and battery replacement was useless. Power locks also stopped from inside of car. No alarm at all now. A buzzing clicking noise was heard sometime from fuze pannel passenger side but stopped. Never seen Beautiful dash and interior lights came on one evening and have not came on again. Brakes all of a sudden barely work intermittently.been bled and bled but still just quit whenever they want and it jerks to left front when they decided to catch. Taillights are burning sockets out. And after installing a new multifunction switch for lighting issues I have no consistent power going to headlight signal wires.so I don't know where to wire what color. That's all I can remember at the moment. Any idea where I should start? The parts guys won't sell me explosives. And I have to do this basically on my own. Lol any help appreciated

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Of all of those, the brakes are the most important. Bleeding just ensures that there's no air in the system. You need to know if the calipers are binding or if something else is an issue.

Until the brakes are fixed, I'd hold off working on anything else.

·
Super Moderator
4,662 Posts
I agree the brakes are a priority.

It sounds like a lot of the other problems are stemming from a related underlying electrical issue. I warn people all the time that those snazzy looking chinese aftermarket headlights and tail lights aren't worth the trouble. You'll probably have to buy replacement OEM parts for everything that was "upgraded" by the previous owner.

You can get keyfob parts at www.keylessfix.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts