Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the third time my Malibu Maxx 3.5 with 340,000 miles on it lost gauges. This time I was slowing down to turn into parking lot n my fuel light came on I have full tank of gas then I pull into spot noticed that me rpm Speedo n temp gauge were in zero also. . Ran into store came out car started gauges we're fine then the gas gauge went to zero came back up shaking. Any ideas what it could be

·
Registered
43 Posts
Appropriate post from double D and exactly what my guess is....the infamous body control module. Have fun getting at it because u have to remove the glove box then slide the BCM to the left to remove it. Don't forget to disconnect the battery first. I installed a junk yard BCM on my boy's car and the mileage would not move plus it did not fix the issue. Although, r junkyard BCM was $40 bucks a rebuilt BCM that is programmed already, runs you about $200 but it's really the only way to go. There is one other thing (especially with the high miles on ur car) that will cost u nothing to look at and is what stumped me. Next to the fuses and relays that's located in the fuse panels on the left and right of the dash, you'll c a clear cover with a bunch of wires underneath. Grab the taped wire harness and jiggle it then push in on the clear cover.....if ur gauges suddenly start working please send any contributions to ur local SPCA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts