Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car starts and runs but warms up a little sputters and dies. No clear codes that we can see. Camshaft position sensor maybe? Car dies and will restart but dies again. Also running rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok not sure what else i can say to describe the problem. Weve tested fuel pressure, replaced fuel pump a while ago, does have oil leak which ive read can interfere with sensor function

·
Registered
3 Posts
car starts and runs but warms up a little sputters and dies. No clear codes that we can see. Camshaft position sensor maybe? Car dies and will restart but dies again. Also running rich
Take out the air filter and see if it runs, it could be caused by a clogged air filter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take out the air filter and see if it runs, it could be caused by a clogged air filter
Thank you i did try that and problem persists

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmm, that was my issue several years back, I will try and find out more soon. I have a 2004 Malibu lt with 210,000 with a 3.5 so it's a different engine than yours and I've had it for over 10 yrs

·
Registered
77 Posts
Basically you need to help us help you.

New spark plugs?
Plug wires?
Oil filter and condition
Air filter and condition.
Fuel pressure?
Known issue or just suddenly appeared?

You basically said... my car starts and then dies. Whats the problem.

Provide as much info as possible and we can help you as much as possible

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check your alternator wire see if the red wire from the battery. Make sure the nut on the alternator us thight also Make sure you have a good ground (Black wire) from battery to the body and that the positve and negative battery screw are tight (gm side post) to me your issue seems to be a loose wire cause it starts so something seems loose 🤔

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does the fuel pump sound like it’s running. Also check the fuel pump relay to see its is any good or going bad it may have black burn on it.

If it is running to rich then you don’t have enough air in the mix of fuel. Air filter check back to the engine one of the air sensors oR filters needs your help!

·
Registered
426 Posts
At 185'000 km i just changed the plugs for the first time( well....98'000 km . Since i have driven it ).... i doubt its a plug and wire issue. ... totally amazed at how the heck they last so long

Need the actual fuel preasure number....what psi? The fact you have no codess... if it cant run enough to go into closed loop...gona be more of a chase and check items out..... i have seen a clogged cat stall an engine....but wouldnt restart. ... stuck IAC , spark module ( forget if these cars have an EST module) . Then weird stuff like wireing coming loose when it fires up..... just guesses though

Whats the actual fuel preasure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts