Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I ran into a problem installing some Alpine 3way 6x9's in the rear deck of my 08 LTZ... Brief insight my car has the 8 speaker system and the OEM 6x9 speakers have 4 wires connected to each one (8 wires total). I tried getting away with just using 2 of the 4 wires (per speaker) to hookup the new ones but that only gives me low tones and very faint highs.

I then tried splicing all 4 together (paying attention to + and -) and its sounds like crap. Does anyone have experience with this setup? Ready to pull my hair out!!! Any Ideas or experience? Please.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there any speakers that would be better then the stock speakers. i had the same problem when i tryed to replace them with 6x9 memphis PR

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there any speakers that would be better then the stock speakers. i had the same problem when i tryed to replace them with 6x9 memphis PR
infinity reference or kappas, i just ordered 6x9 & 6 1/2 component kappas but you MUST amp them. otherwise i really don't ever see the point in changing your speakers

·
Registered
5 Posts
has anyone solved the issue with wiring aftermarket speakers to the rears? i cant get it to sound good because of the wiring.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will have to by-pass the amp on the LTZ, which is located in the trunk, just behind the right tailight. You will also have to change out the factory radio, in order to use aftermarket speakers in the rear deck.
I am about to take on this project sometime soon, replacing the factory radio with a Pioneer nav unit.
:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the same issue currently. Did the same thing you did. Except have 2 450 watt kickers for the back. Sounds like crap after I spliced, even tried doing each separately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts