Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cruise control in my 08 LTZ won`t stay on while driving . The on /off switch to the left on the steering wheel turns on lights up as being on , but when i set the speed there is no dash light indicator that comes on . When i tap the brake pedal i can then set the speed , but it only stays engaged for ten seconds then quits. If i repeat the same process but slightly depress the brake pedal it will stay on as normal. Is there a switch that can be adjusted or replaced that works in conjunction with the brake pedal? Thanks Jay G

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,954 Posts
You may be suffering from the dreaded BPP sensor "flip-flop" issue. Sometimes the brake lights will be on when you're not pressing the pedal, and off when you press it. It's not only backward, but dangerous, and it's inconvenient because you can't use CC.

I bypassed my BPPS with a standard brake light switch. You can read about it here.

Your other option is to replace it yourself and hope that it doesn't need to be reprogrammed to the BCM at a dealership.

*BPP = brake pedal position

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Read the fretting corrosion sticky, it just may be the BCM connector needs cleaning. I would do that as step one before messing with the BPPS.
Free and easy to do .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts