Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an '08 Malibu 1LT and noticed when the car is locked the radio lights seem to remain on, glowing blue. I the lights would auto dim a few minutes after locking the doors, but they stay lit. Has anyone else experienced this issue or are the lights supposed to remain on? I am worried about the battery draining. Does anyone know a fix?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just purchased an '08 Malibu 1LT and noticed when the car is locked the radio lights seem to remain on, glowing blue. I the lights would auto dim a few minutes after locking the doors, but they stay lit. Has anyone else experienced this issue or are the lights supposed to remain on? I am worried about the battery draining. Does anyone know a fix?
Yes, my '09 2LT did the same thing. After the dealer checked things out I was told they would order a new radio for me. They also said the lights were not drawing enough power to kill the battery - wrong - they ended up boosting me and leaving a new Impala while the expert they called in to change the radio went to work. He did not agree with the dealer and said it was "computer" related. After talking with tech central (whatever it's called at GM) they reset everything back to when the car was born in Ohio. It fixed the problem. I really like the car and have no complaints. They worked hard to find this unusual problem and I'm happy. Good luck and watch the battery drain, especially if you are not driving every day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick,

I guess I'll take it back to the dealer two days after it was delivered to me - That sucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Rick,

I guess I'll take it back to the dealer two days after it was delivered to me - That sucks.
Good luck hockeyjo and please let me know how you make out. It seems we have the only two Malibu's with this problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, my '09 2LT did the same thing. After the dealer checked things out I was told they would order a new radio for me. They also said the lights were not drawing enough power to kill the battery - wrong - they ended up boosting me and leaving a new Impala while the expert they called in to change the radio went to work. He did not agree with the dealer and said it was "computer" related. After talking with tech central (whatever it's called at GM) they reset everything back to when the car was born in Ohio. It fixed the problem. I really like the car and have no complaints. They worked hard to find this unusual problem and I'm happy. Good luck and watch the battery drain, especially if you are not driving every day.
Did the new radio fix the problem or was the reset that did it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did the new radio fix the problem or was the reset that did it?
It was the reset that did it. I did not need a new radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.