Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

How many other than yours' 08 Malibu's Have You Seen On The Road?

Votes: 2 5.9%

Votes: 3 8.8%

Votes: 4 11.8%

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • 4 or greater

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my wife yesterday and asked her if she had seen any "other" 2008 Malibu's on the road - either on the highway or around town and she gave me a big flat-out "no." Now I have only seen 2 other than mine 08 Malibu's on the road - most of the time I see the grill of what looks like an 08 Malibu - but it turns out to be an IMPALA LOL - always make that mistake. Have you guys seen alot of other 08 Malibu's on your travels.

I like this fact - I have a new car that hardly anyone else around here is driving yet - same thing happened in 05 when I got my Pontiac G6 - everyone would say - "what is that??!?!?"

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
most of the time I see the grill of what looks like an 08 Malibu - but it turns out to be an IMPALA LOL - always make that mistake.
I make the same mistake.

I see plenty of the '08's running around. I live in a 1 square mile town and there are four Malibu owners so far, 2 blacks, one blue and my red. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's funny that when I see one, I get excited about it. But, they are still rare to see on the roads here (I guess that's a good thing, right????)

·
Registered
112 Posts
A neighbor of mine had one for a couple weeks this past fall. And, there is another one just up the block.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just saw another one today at a local yard sale hot spot. Most of the rural folk around here use a parking lot in town on Saturday mornings, and I drove my family there. It was a dark gray LT four cylinder (single exhaust) with ebony interior and some sharp chome (ChromeTec?) five spoke wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think this poll needs a fixed time parameter, say perhaps a 1 week period. I see at least one or two each week on my long commute, specifically because I'm am looking for them. From a distance they do have a similar side profile to a few other existing models.

DrD

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I make the same mistake.

I see plenty of the '08's running around. I live in a 1 square mile town and there are four Malibu owners so far, 2 blacks, one blue and my red. :)
Believe it or not, I just found a dark grey in town. That now makes 5! :cool:

I'll leave the poll open until we feel it has out lived its purpose.

·
Registered
795 Posts
We just returned from a 2 week 4,800 mile motorcycle trip to Texas and I saw a grand total of three. I was surprised we did not see more.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't seen a 1 since I bought mine - go figure!!! Every time I think I see one from the front - it turns out to be an IMPALA - arrrgghhhh!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had mine for 3 weeks and have taked 2 trips in it and have yet to see another one!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where do you live, MM? Rural, Urban or Suburban? Honestly, there are five in my 1 square mile town. In fact, there's another just down the street from me.
I live in South Central Virginia about 5 miles from the VA/NC line. When i was ready to buy there was one LT on a lot in NC but none at the local dealership. I traveled to a dealership about 1.5 hours to buy what i wanted. The one at the lot in NC is still sitting there. It is the sister to mine but different interrior.
I purchased a dark grey metallic 1LT with remote start. So far i love everything about it but...it is a pollen magnet! Everynight it turns yellow!

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
So far i love everything about it but...it is a pollen magnet! Everynight it turns yellow!
I'm in suburban Philly, way too much pollen here. I tried to convince the wife the pollen was the gold metalflake in the red paint.

No, she didn't buy it! ;) I guess I'll be washing it soon. :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
I still have not seen a single one on the road. I'm cool with it cause that means I stand tall among the lower mortals. As long as when I do see on they don't have my same color...hehe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same here - haven't seen a 1 and I live in metropolitan NJ - near NYC and CT and PA etc - I like the fact that I haven't seen that many yet!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in suburban Philly, way too much pollen here. I tried to convince the wife the pollen was the gold metalflake in the red paint.

No, she didn't buy it! ;) I guess I'll be washing it soon. :(
At least you get to wash your car. Due to drought, Charlotte has been under water restrictions since last summer. Almost a year since I could wash my car at home. I'm one of those guys who likes to wash his car... :(

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.