Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is in the correct thread.

I just bout a new 09 LT Malibu Saturday. The vehicle was thought to have the Power Convience Package. It does have the 6 way adjustable seat and I did get the remote start. However, when I go to set up Bluetooth the car does not recognize the word. Before I go in to complain i'm wondering if anyone knows if that can be added at the dealership? Or is it just to late? I have an 09 LT with ONSTAR and the steering wheel audio controls.

Thanks for any reply in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was at a Chevy Dealership on Saturday and was talking with another 08 Malibu owner who wanted to add Bluetooth..At this dealer, there is an aftermarket store representative who sits down there for people who want to modify their car (Electronics, Rims etc). The Malibu owner told me the aftermarket guy is going to sell him and install a Bluetooth system for him for $500. I am positive that is was a Motorola Bluetooth System not exactly like Chevy's but works the same. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If the dealer told you that it included bluetooth I would hold them accountable and make them correct it one way or another. If they didn't and it was assumed by you because of the package, you can try pushing it with them, but it likely wont go anywhere, unless they're ridiculously nice. They will go a long way for you to return a favorable review to GM when purchasing a new car, so that is an angle as well. Otherwise you're looking at an aftermarket install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nope. When we went into the dealership the guy tried telling us that it was only available on the LT2 model. I asked him to go to Chevy's web site to have a look. He did go but he was doing all he could to act like he didn't see what was right in front of his eyes.
Anyway, he left to room and came back about 20 min later saying that he does have a LT1 with it included but we would need to give them an extra 1000 to trade it in. We told him no thanks.
He did end up giving us a set of Mats for the trouble which don't seem like much but it was better than nothing i guess. Considering we already had signed and took possession of the vehicle there wasn't much more i could do.

I am looking into installing an aftermarket Bluetooth, but im kind of hesitant. I would want it to work into the vehicles dash without messing with the looks of the factory setup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hope this is in the correct thread.

I just bout a new 09 LT Malibu Saturday. The vehicle was thought to have the Power Convience Package. It does have the 6 way adjustable seat and I did get the remote start. However, when I go to set up Bluetooth the car does not recognize the word. Before I go in to complain i'm wondering if anyone knows if that can be added at the dealership? Or is it just to late? I have an 09 LT with ONSTAR and the steering wheel audio controls.

Thanks for any reply in advance.
The same thing happened to me. I wanted a Black Granite 1LT with the Power Convience Package. The dealer did not have one on the lot so he found me one at another dealership. I pick up the car, i get it home, and go to set up the Bluetooth. The car doesn't recognize the blue tooth. I call the dealer back and he has no idea why the car with that package doesn't have the bluetooth. He calls me back and says what happened was that any 09 Malibu ordered before Oct. 08 got the power seat and the remote starter as part of the Power Convience Package. Any Malibu ordered after oct 08 got the seat, the remote starter, and the Bluetooth. He told me that he was not aware of this and said he will try to make it right for me. He called me back the next day and said that what he will do is either have an after market blue tooth hooked up for me or get me a nice Garmin GPS wide screen with the blue tooth built into the GPS. The after market blue tooth setup was from a company called www.parrot.com. I checked it out and didn't like the way it looked so i went with the garmin (it goes for $500). Now i have a great GPS and as far as the blue tooth i will add my onstar onto my Verizon wireless plan and still be able to use the cars phone system. :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
hamster, the exact same thing happened to me!!! when i bought the car, i specifically told the salesman that i wanted the bluetooth, and he told me the 09 1lt i picked out had it. well, it didnt. after fighting with the dealership, and gm customer service they both told me that it couldnt be added, and i could trade the car in for another one that had it (at my expense). oh well, live and learn i guess. it was my first new car purchase, and im only 20, so ill have plenty more to look forward to in the years to come.

·
Registered
438 Posts
hamster, the exact same thing happened to me!!! when i bought the car, i specifically told the salesman that i wanted the bluetooth, and he told me the 09 1lt i picked out had it. well, it didnt. after fighting with the dealership, and gm customer service they both told me that it couldnt be added, and i could trade the car in for another one that had it (at my expense). oh well, live and learn i guess. it was my first new car purchase, and im only 20, so ill have plenty more to look forward to in the years to come.
As far as I'm concerned if they tell you it will have it they'd damn well better fix it if it doesn't. I would be at the dealership every day telling people not to buy cars there until they made it right.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As far as I'm concerned if they tell you it will have it they'd damn well better fix it if it doesn't. I would be at the dealership every day telling people not to buy cars there until they made it right.
yeah, i already did that. im a gm employee, and it was in a small college town, where all of the other college kids go buy their cars, and my family is from this town, and several of my extended family members are politically active, so i told the owner of the dealer "i dont think you know what you have done, but im damn sure that im wont be sending ANY of my family, friends or acquaintances to your dealership to use my discount to buy a new car!" and then i threw in there "Have you ever heard of (insert name here), well he is my uncle, and bad news travels through a small town, fast".

long and short of it, i know alot of people, and theyre never going to any of that guys 3 stealerships. lying bastards. hope they shut down due to lack of sales.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Look you guys, you have bought a car right off their lot, yes? Did you bother to ask the salesman BEFORE you signed what features the car you were looking at comes with? You can't demand the dealer to make it right when the cars on the lot don't all have the same features to them. Best bet is to let the salesman know what you exactly want so he can show the cars that have those features. Even better take a look at GM's website on building a car and take a very good look at EACH trim level to see what comes with it and what is an extra that's available at an extra cost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was told by the dealer that the car in fact had bluetooth included. Yes, BEFORE I bought the car. It wasent until i got the car home and tried to imput some phone numbers into it that i found out it wasent added.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you bother to ask the salesman BEFORE you signed what features the car you were looking at comes with? .....Best bet is to let the salesman know what you exactly want so he can show the cars that have those features.
crm2019 said:
when i bought the car, i specifically told the salesman that i wanted the bluetooth, and he told me the 09 1lt i picked out had it. well, it didnt.
When i went in, i told the salesman that i wanted the bluetooth, and i was told it had it when i went on a testdrive with the car. i found out it didnt have it when i picked it up and on the way home it wouldnt recognize the bluetooth command.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Do all the ones with steering wheel radio controls have blue tooth?
NO. For 2009, Bluetooth is standard on 2LT's and LTZ's. Otherwise, it also is available on 1LT's with the Power Convenience package but ONLY those that were built in the past couple of months. That's very few of them, but it's not hard to spot...just check the window sticker, either in person or online.

Under the Power Convenience package, if it has Bluetooth it will be in the list of what this package contains. Otherwise, nada. Here's an example of both.

1) An earlier 1LT with the Power Convenience package but pre-Bluetooth for $445:

POWER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE:
POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT
REMOTE START

2) And now a recent 2LT with the Power Convenience package but WITH Bluetooth, built after it was added for $495:

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT
REMOTE START
BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE

The BT also added $50 to the option. Just check the sticker in person or online...and it's pretty clear. Otherwise, all '09 1LT's and up have the same steering wheel buttons, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have Bluetooth.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Do all the ones with steering wheel radio controls have blue tooth?
NO. For 2009, Bluetooth is standard on 2LT's and LTZ's. Otherwise, it also is available on 1LT's with the Power Convenience package but ONLY those that were built in the past couple of months. That's very few of them, but it's not hard to spot...just check the window sticker, either in person or online.

Under the Power Convenience package, if it has Bluetooth it will be in the list of what this package contains. Otherwise, nada. Here's an example of both.

1) An earlier 1LT with the Power Convenience package but pre-Bluetooth for $445:

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT
REMOTE START

2) And now a recent 2LT with the Power Convenience package but WITH Bluetooth, built after it was added for $495:

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER SEAT
REMOTE START
BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE

The BT also added $50 to the option. Just check the sticker in person or online...and it's pretty clear. Otherwise, all '09 1LT's and up have the same steering wheel buttons, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have Bluetooth.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Look you guys, you have bought a car right off their lot, yes? Did you bother to ask the salesman BEFORE you signed what features the car you were looking at comes with? You can't demand the dealer to make it right when the cars on the lot don't all have the same features to them. Best bet is to let the salesman know what you exactly want so he can show the cars that have those features. Even better take a look at GM's website on building a car and take a very good look at EACH trim level to see what comes with it and what is an extra that's available at an extra cost.
If you read my post you will see idid all these things.
1. The car didn't come off his lot. He found it at another dealer.
2. I let him know i wanted the power package with the seat, remote start, and blue tooth.
3. I went to the chevy malibu website and under "build your own" it lists the package with all 3 things that i mentioned.

And most of all i know i was right because because they sent me a GPS system that books for almost $500 to make up for thier mistake. :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you read my post you will see idid all these things.
1. The car didn't come off his lot. He found it at another dealer.
2. I let him know i wanted the power package with the seat, remote start, and blue tooth.
3. I went to the chevy malibu website and under "build your own" it lists the package with all 3 things that i mentioned.

And most of all i know i was right because because they sent me a GPS system that books for almost $500 to make up for thier mistake. :cool:
I agree... according to what you've said you're right. I think it's a smart consumer move to verify that all of the features you want are there, functioning and properly configured (as well as a full inspection of the car in general) before taking delivery of the car. However, If you ask for the feature, the sales person says the car has it installed and sells you areadvertising it as having that feature, and it does not, it should be corrected for you free of charge.

So, What GPS did you end up getting?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree... according to what you've said you're right. I think it's a smart consumer move to verify that all of the features you want are there, functioning and properly configured (as well as a full inspection of the car in general) before taking delivery of the car. However, If you ask for the feature, the sales person says the car has it installed and sells you areadvertising it as having that feature, and it does not, it should be corrected for you free of charge.

So, What GPS did you end up getting?
They sent me a Garmin Nuvi 780 with wide screen and bluetooth. I like it alot, and like i said i will add the onstar phone to my Verizon wireless plan. So it's all good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.