Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else purchase an '09 within the last week only to find that they can get Employee Pricing on it as of today?

Not cool.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The 09 Malibu is not eligible for Employee pricing. The only 09s eligible are
the Chevrolet Cobalt and HHR, Pontiac Vibe and G5 and Cadillac CTS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you combine the GM Employee price with "cash" from a GM Card? I was looking at the 2008 LTZ last week with the Employee pricing, but the 2009 was not offered. It looks like this week Employee pricing is good on both.

Also where do you find the discount "coupons" that others are talking about?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Can you combine the GM Employee price with "cash" from a GM Card?
You can use your GM points with any incentive.
Also ask the dealer if there is any local incentives. In Iowa, with Farm Bureau you receive a $500 rebate if you join for $30. We bought two cars this year, so for $30 we saved $1000. It would have been $1500 if we bought E85 vehicles.
I did not know about this program until the dealer told me about it.
I think this was only in Iowa, but there could be similar programs in your area.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to see if my dealership was willing to do anything and they have decided to make it right.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I decided to see if my dealership was willing to do anything and they have decided to make it right.
Good deal.

Did Employee pricing just start in other parts of the country? I thought it has been going on in Iowa for a month.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They added the '09s this morning at 3:am

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know the timeframe for employee pricing on 09s? Our build week is next week. Is it going on all month? TIA.

·
Registered
795 Posts
For my zip, 19007, the only Malibu listed is the '08, 1LT. New Malibus sell like crazy in my area.
GM knows us Midwesterners are cheap :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
For my zip, 19007, the only Malibu listed is the '08, 1LT. New Malibus sell like crazy in my area.
I tried your zip for a 09 LTZ and get a employee price of a little over $2,000 off of list.

Try the link I provided. Near the upper right click on the button that says
"Find Your Employee Price"

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I tried your zip for a 09 LTZ and get a employee price of a little over $2,000 off of list.

Try the link I provided. Near the upper right click on the button that says
"Find Your Employee Price"
I see it, Lee. Originally I just scrolled down the opening page and only saw the 08 listed there. $2062 discount on an LTZ, not bad! I paid $25500 for my '08. The only options I ordered were the rear power package and the red paint. That puts me pretty much in line with the employee pricing. I wonder if anyone is getting employee pricing plus dealer discounts?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I wonder if anyone is getting employee pricing plus dealer discounts?
It will be interesting to see. It's different than a rebate, but if the dealer is hungry, who knows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can use your GM points with any incentive.
Also ask the dealer if there is any local incentives. In Iowa, with Farm Bureau you receive a $500 rebate if you join for $30. We bought two cars this year, so for $30 we saved $1000. It would have been $1500 if we bought E85 vehicles.
I did not know about this program until the dealer told me about it.
I think this was only in Iowa, but there could be similar programs in your area.
As a GM employee, I called on the Farm Bureau discount a couple weeks ago... apparantly they ended that incentive for employees. Not sure if the FB discount would still apply for non employees taking the current offer of GM employee pricing for everyone... would be interesting if they did. The other caveat (for non GMer's ) was going to be that you had to be a FB member for 60 days (or was it 6 months?) in order to get the incentive... not too helpful for those wanting a car quickly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my wife works for a chevy dealer so i got employee price and since she does the paper work i know i didnt get screwed in the back end of the deal. youd be surprised at the stories i hear.

·
Registered
795 Posts
As a GM employee, I called on the Farm Bureau discount a couple weeks ago... apparantly they ended that incentive for employees. Not sure if the FB discount would still apply for non employees taking the current offer of GM employee pricing for everyone... would be interesting if they did. The other caveat (for non GMer's ) was going to be that you had to be a FB member for 60 days (or was it 6 months?) in order to get the incentive... not too helpful for those wanting a car quickly.
I'll check the next time I'm at the dealer to see if the Farm Bureau thing is still current. It was treated as a rebate so you could stack it on top of other offers. But like I said, I don't think this was offered in many states. I was told the official policy was you had to wait 30 days before buying a car, but they also told me they would flex on that if I was in a hurry. Sometimes living in a small town is a good thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please share some tips. I am currently interested in a 2008 LTZ V6. The black color with cocoa interior that I want at the dealer has the power package (don't care about) and sunroof. The window sticker is as follows,

* MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
* STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $27,095.00

* Options installed by Manufacturer
* FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET $ 0.00
* BLACK GRANITE METALLIC $ 95.00
* REAR POWER PACKAGE:
REAR POWER CENTER, 110V AC
REAR WINDOW SUNSHADE, MANUAL $ 250.00
* SUNROOF, POWER TILT AND SLIDE $ 800.00

* TOTAL OPTIONS $1,145.00
* TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $28,240.00
* DESTINATION CHARGE $650.00

* TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE $28,890.00
When I took my first test drive the dealer quoted me $26,300 for the employee price.

I have a 2003 Honda Civic to trade (67,000 miles). Drove an '08 Accord last week and Honda offered me $7000 for the trade, I think I could have gotten a little more out of them.

With the employee pricing in effect do I have the ability to get them to go less? I am not aware of any other local incentives (zip - 12065). I hope I can wear them down a little bit more. After driving both the Accord and the Malibu, I like the Malibu much better.

I'm not the best with wearing down the dealer on price, I'm looking for any help/suggestions you might have. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.