Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the dealer today to pay a bill and there was a transport out front with a load of 09 Malibus.
On the back of the load I spotted a 09 LTZ with the 6 cyl. wheels, but it only had a single exhaust outlet.
Is the dual exhaust outlet an option on the 6 cyl. LTZ now?
The single muffler with dual outlets does not gain you any power, but I like the balanced look.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For 09 you can order the 4 cyl in LTZ options now, correct? That or someone just ordered LTZ wheels?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 4 banger ;)
That was my thought until I saw the 18 inch LTZ wheels that come with the 6 cyl model.
Maybe you can special order these wheel???

They did not drop that car off, so I will not be able to check it out.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Damn....I hope they didn't put a single exhaust on the 6cyl....I really liked the look of the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It might be a special ordered 4-cylinder LTZ...

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm kind of irritated that the 4 cyl. LTZ comes with only 1 pipe, considering the only thing you are getting credit for in the spring package is the smaller engine. DAmn those deconters..... :(

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm kind of irritated that the 4 cyl. LTZ comes with only 1 pipe, considering the only thing you are getting credit for in the spring package is the smaller engine. DAmn those deconters..... :(
And a few more MPGs...

·
Registered
326 Posts
And a few more MPGs...
What I meant was that the only thing Chevy should be doing for the $700 spring package credit is swapping engines. But apparently they removed other things as well, including the dual exhaust which I really like. So if they remove other things, they should credit you more than the $700. But they won't because they have people over the barrel who want better MPG but still all the bells and whistles of the LTZ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What I meant was that the only thing Chevy should be doing for the $700 spring package credit is swapping engines. But apparently they removed other things as well, including the dual exhaust which I really like. So if they remove other things, they should credit you more than the $700. But they won't because they have people over the barrel who want better MPG but still all the bells and whistles of the LTZ.

Other than the V6 engine and the second exhaust pipe what do you lose going from a V6 LTZ to the 4 cylinder LTZ?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Other than the V6 engine and the second exhaust pipe what do you lose going from a V6 LTZ to the 4 cylinder LTZ?
I believe the 6 cyl LTZ has it's own 18" wheels.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
To finally clear this up...ALL LTZ models now have the same 10-spoke 18" wheels, regardless of engine. So outside, 4-cyl or V6, LTZ's are identical aside from the exhaust outlet count.

The 17" chrome G6 wheels used on the late 2008 Spring package LTZ's were a short run, and now done with, as all are back to the original 18" LTZ machined aluminum.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Cool. There's an 08 Spring Package car on my dealer's lot right now. The wheels were how I was able to easily pick the car out of the rest on the lot (as being an LTZ and a four banger.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Cool. There's an 08 Spring Package car on my dealer's lot right now. The wheels were how I was able to easily pick the car out of the rest on the lot (as being an LTZ and a four banger.
Yep, no longer. Now all LTZ's look like they did originally, only visually different via the 1 vs. 2 exhaust outlets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks, The 09 Malibu LTZ comes std. with the 18" wheels. It dosn't make any difference weather it's a V-6 or 4 cyl. It's part of the LTZ package. If you have a LTZ with 4cyl. it comes std with the 18" wheels and SINGLE exhaust. If you have a LTZ with V-6, it comes std. with DUAL exhaust. HOWEVER, you can convert the 4 cyl. to dual by purchasing the lower rear facia for a dual exhaust and also purchasing the V-6 exhaust system. Problem comes with adapting the dual to the 4 cyl exhaust. The cat converter on the 4 and 6 are in different locations so after you get the exh. for the 6 you will simply cut the exhaust a couple feet ahead of the muffler and do the same with the 4 cyl exh, remove the 4 cyl muffler and tail pipe and weld or clamp the V-6 muffler and dual exh in place. The hangers are identical. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Folks, The 09 Malibu LTZ comes std. with the 18" wheels. It dosn't make any difference weather it's a V-6 or 4 cyl. It's part of the LTZ package. If you have a LTZ with 4cyl. it comes std with the 18" wheels and SINGLE exhaust. If you have a LTZ with V-6, it comes std. with DUAL exhaust. HOWEVER, you can convert the 4 cyl. to dual by purchasing the lower rear facia for a dual exhaust and also purchasing the V-6 exhaust system. Problem comes with adapting the dual to the 4 cyl exhaust. The cat converter on the 4 and 6 are in different locations so after you get the exh. for the 6 you will simply cut the exhaust a couple feet ahead of the muffler and do the same with the 4 cyl exh, remove the 4 cyl muffler and tail pipe and weld or clamp the V-6 muffler and dual exh in place. The hangers are identical. Hope this helps.
If you are going through that trouble, just buy the V6 model. Probably end up being cheaper anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.