Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

10 ltz washed, clayed, buffed and waxed

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  '11LT 
#1 ·
I finally got around to completely detailing my own vehicle. I haven't had the time since I'm usually detailing customer vehicles on my days off. I only did the exterior so far, and it took around 10 hours to do it right. First i washed it, then tar and bug removal, clay bar with soap, let dry.. Then i started the buffing process, remove any wax, buff with med/heavy grit compound using a wool pad ( i had some bad scratches), buff with 3m finesse it II using foam pad, and finally buff with 3m glaze using a foam pad. Then i pressure wash all door jams, moldings or anywhere else the compound can hide. Washed the vehicle again and waited for it dry completely. Waxed with Meguiars Gold Class paste. Used 2 different tire shines, ST a spray, then a wipe on with a foam sponge.. and finally done.. and of course 4 hours after i was done, it rained... Here are a couple of pics.. I couldn't believe how dirty the paint was for only being 2 years old.. The difference in the bightness was shocking to me.. I wish I would have taken before pictures

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great! Do you have a full picture of the rear? I just swapped to the LTZ taillights and Im curious what they look like tinted except for the clear part.

#3 ·
THANKS..Heres 2 that i had saved from a few months ago

Attachments

#5 ·
No just the original summit white

#7 ·
I wish you lived closer..I'm always looking for detailing jobs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.