Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests; noticed on my rear wheels that the brake lines (point from termination of hard line to the caliper has several long lacerations and buldging. Photo included.
I have been trying to find a specific replacement part but I haven't ever done brake work aside from bleeding/changing calipers.
1. Is there a precut part that is just a simple replacement fix?
2. If no, and I need to buy brake line for the replacement, how difficult is that process and work?

Obviously I know this is a pressing issue, anyone have any idea on how stable the lines are in current condition? Thinking I'm not going to have time to get to this for a couple/few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,766 Posts
Make sure that's a hydraulic brake line and not the cable for the parking brake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sir, are my hero. After review you are correct. Thanks for the catch. Apparently I'd didn't look hard enough before. Feeling much better about it now.
I have not noticed any issues with the parking brake. Is the shroud around the line something to be concerned about?

My suspicion is no, until it fails/seizes up.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,766 Posts
If the parking brake works, then there's less to be concerned with. If the outer covering is damaged then you should determine whether you need to do further inspection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts