Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get some chrome hubcaps to replace the stock gray one's on my LS? I think it would make a huge difference. I have found them for 17" but not 16". Anyone? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get some chrome hubcaps to replace the stock gray one's on my LS? I think it would make a huge difference. I have found them for 17" but not 16". Anyone? Thanks!!
Original equipment GM? There really aren't any I can think of, other than some chrome 16" aluminum wheels...but that's not what you want.

Otherwise, the only cheap solution would be new wheelcovers from an auto parts store or even Wal-Mart...if you find a style you like. Take a look there, if you want to stick to a really tight budget, as you may find something you like.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original equipment GM? There really aren't any I can think of, other than some chrome 16" aluminum wheels...but that's not what you want.

Otherwise, the only cheap solution would be new wheelcovers from an auto parts store or even Wal-Mart...if you find a style you like. Take a look there, if you want to stick to a really tight budget, as you may find something you like.

Thanks! Yeah I was trying to stick somewhat OEM. I live having the bowtie on the covers. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
got mine on ebay - i have a thread here too

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I dont see any that state they are for the Bu. Doe it matter or will it work if they state for the Carlo, HHR or Cobalt? Thanks!
I can only assume it will. Send a message to the E-Bay seller and ask to be sure. I see no reason why they wouldn't work. Maybe some of the more experienced guys here will chime in with a more definitive answer for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone else out there has any type of information I would appreciate it! (What will or wont fit in regards to other cars) I am really looking to add chrome wheels and dont want to pay 150 per wheel to buy right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I found a listing for 16" chrome wheel covers w/bowtie logo at GMPartsDirect

Even though I pulled it up using the 2008 Malibu LT trim, I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't the same cover for the LS. You could call them to verify (it's a Chevy dealer somewhere in NC).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a listing for 16" chrome wheel covers w/bowtie logo at GMPartsDirect

Even though I pulled it up using the 2008 Malibu LT trim, I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't the same cover for the LS. You could call them to verify (it's a Chevy dealer somewhere in NC).
THANK YOU! I have an email into the company to make sure it is doable. They dont have a phone number! Hmmm...

·
Registered
421 Posts
My bad. I forgot that they don't do direct telephone business. From their FAQs:
Is there a phone number to call and place an order?

To keep our prices as low as possible WE DO NOT CORRESPOND BY PHONE or offer phone ordering services.

All correspondence through our firm is by email only so we can document all transactions and conversations.

We will be able to help you in every way by email at Email Customer Service or [email protected].
I've used this site for several previous accessory purchases, so don't worry about getting scammed. The part number is also usually a standard GM #, so if you want you can probably take that part number to any local dealer parts department and get a price locally (plus tax, maybe special order charges). These guys usually give a really good price on the parts, but make up a bit on shipping and handling (also explained more fully in their FAQs).

Last edit: Oops. I see you figured out the e-mail part before I even bothered replying. I've gotta read a bit more closely sometimes! :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bad. I forgot that they don't do direct telephone business. From their FAQs:

I've used this site for several previous accessory purchases, so don't worry about getting scammed. The part number is also usually a standard GM #, so if you want you can probably take that part number to any local dealer parts department and get a price locally (plus tax, maybe special order charges). These guys usually give a really good price on the parts, but make up a bit on shipping and handling (also explained more fully in their FAQs).

Last edit: Oops. I see you figured out the e-mail part before I even bothered replying. I've gotta read a bit more closely sometimes! :p
Thanks! When I go to the site though it doesnt give me any information on the item (size, chrome, etc) and there is no picture. Any advise?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just heard back from them, and those were for 17 inch wheels. He said he searched for another option but couldnt find anything. Hopefully one of these days! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'd reply back and ask him to double-check his info. Because either the site listing for that item is wrong (specifically says 16" chrome wheel cover), or he read the wrong item listing. What I would've want to know is if it is the same 5-spoke design as the base wheel cover or not. The size was listed.

Edit: Just rechecked the page, as well as the 'Accessories' page for the 2008 Malibu that I used to find it. I swore that either the accessories listing was showing 16" or the part page itself. So either they fixed it, or I just misread. Either way, sorry about that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd reply back and ask him to double-check his info. Because either the site listing for that item is wrong (specifically says 16" chrome wheel cover), or he read the wrong item listing. What I would've want to know is if it is the same 5-spoke design as the base wheel cover or not. The size was listed.

Edit: Just rechecked the page, as well as the 'Accessories' page for the 2008 Malibu that I used to find it. I swore that either the accessories listing was showing 16" or the part page itself. So either they fixed it, or I just misread. Either way, sorry about that.
No worries! Thanks so much for the help!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am also interested in finding some caps as well. I love the current ones, and I like the silver tone with my dark gray metallic, so I think I will still with aluminum-like "silver" caps. I am interested in how well they will fit, though. if you look at your rims, they bulge out quite a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those are the only 16" chrome caps that would look descent. Still, I'm bummed that the '09 LS comes with the 17" wheels. They just look so much nicer! Didn't think an inch would make that much difference. Plus the chrome bolt-on caps on the LT's are awesome. These 16" chrome caps are snap-on. Hope they're a snug fit. They're a replica of the '09 Impala LS model caps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.