Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Malibu 2LT, 2.5L and just hit the 190,000 mile mark. I drive almost completely on highways and always get it serviced on time or a bit early.
Any idea how many miles she'll give me more? I love my car!

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,879 Posts
Wow, 190k miles in 5 years! That's a crazy amount of time spent behind the wheel. Any particular reason you felt the need to ask how much longer it will last? Is the car running rough or losing fuel economy?

If it's still running like a top, there's no reason to think it wont go 250k and further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, 190k miles in 5 years! That's a crazy amount of time spent behind the wheel. Any particular reason you felt the need to ask how much longer it will last? Is the car running rough or losing fuel economy?

If it's still running like a top, there's no reason to think it wont go 250k and further.
Driving conditions are normal.
Fuel eco has not really changed at all.
She's never failed me.
Saved my life with deer, coyote and a cow sized jackrabbit incidents.
I was just wondering what happens at 250K miles.
Don't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere...

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,879 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it until the engine and transmission show signs of degrading in spite of proper maintenance. Are you still on the two factory batteries?

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I took my old '09 to 190k miles and sold it running fine.
Quality fuels and lubricants done consistently on schedule and you'll get a lot more miles.
Highway miles are less stressful on the car than city driving.
Things break down BUT great maintenance minimizes big surprises. There are a ton of 250k miles vehicles out there, nobody complains about them so you seldom hear about those vehicles and how they got there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My boy's 2005 Malibu has 140K miles and my 2007 Hyundai has 190K miles. Both running good but my other boy's 2000 Impala gave up at 125K......transmission failed. However, before the transmission gave up it 'talked' to us and started to slip so we had time to look for another auto. Things that will strand you especially on a 4 cylinder 2.4 are the timing chain suddenly braking and or radiator springing a leak or water pump going kaput. The car will overheat quickly. Because of this, I changed my first boy's timing chain....fun....and while I was in there, changed the water pump also. Older high mileage auto's need TLC so if you do some reasonable maintenance your auto will give you many more miles. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts