Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The Bluetooth ® antenna is a small fixed antenna connected directly to the CIM and is used to send and receive signals from a Bluetooth ® enabled cellular phone. The antenna utilizes no cabling and is not external to the vehicle. The available features and functions are determined by the software within the device being used and the CIM. Service Information
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt | Cobalt, G5 (VIN A) Service Manual | Document ID: 2083620
"

After scouring the internet, I came across this info on a Cobalt forum. This leads me to believe that an '09 1LT can be retrofitted with a factory bluetooth antenna. I will continue to investigate this issue, but would like to know if anyone here could help or point me in the right direction for getting good information.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i dont know where to send you, but if you do find it, PLEASE let me know! I want it so bad!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Only vehicles with steering wheel controls will have Bluetooth ® functionality. In order to utilize the vehicle's Bluetooth ® system, a Bluetooth ® equipped cellular phone is required.

The Bluetooth ® antenna is a small fixed antenna connected directly to the CIM and is used to send and receive signals from a Bluetooth ® enabled cellular phone. The antenna utilizes no cabling and is not external to the vehicle. The available features and functions are determined by the software within the device being used and the CIM."

An excerpt from: 2009 Chevrolet Malibu | Malibu (VIN Z) Service Manual | Document ID: 2083620

It seems my '09 1LT is equipped with everything necessary with the exception of the bluetooth antenna. Now, what would be required for a dealer to add a bluetooth antenna with the required software? Would the CIM need to be changed out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.