Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i came home last night and locked my mali. usually the headlights go off after a long while and no problem. little did i know that my headlights continued to stay on after i locked the car. this was around 9 pm. My mom came home about 1 am and said my lights were on. i looked out the window and saw no light on so i just locked it again and WATCHED as my lights shut off. 1 pm today, i notice my car lights are on but are dim, which would account for me not noticing the lights still being on after i watched them shut off the night before. i locked my car AGAIN and head to work. i come back home around 530 pm today and try to open my car yet it wont open. i have to open it manually and it wont start. obviously the lights killed my car but i dont know why because i have never tampered with my lights and it is set to AUTO. this is serious bs because this happened to me once before and i had to take it off AUTO and start and shut off the car about 3 times for it to shut off completely and this was two weeks ago. I should've been smarter in preventing my car's death but then again i should not have to worry about this problem. once again i didnt config anything that would keep my lights on like that so i dont know what the problem is. any ideas? also when i go to the settings to change if my headlights should be on or off after i lock the car do i shut off the EXT lights?

·
Registered
749 Posts
That is so weird! on my DIC I have the exterior lights set to stay on (So I can see when I'm walking towards/away from the car at night).. lights are always on auto (Can't think of a time I haven't had them on auto).. no problems here. Luckily it's probably just your battery dead.. can easily recharge it.. definitely have your GM Goodwrench centre check it out.. let us know what happens!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had to have my battery replaced.. They told me it was dead cells and they covered it under warranty

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey malibudragon was this also happeneing to you? i had to jump my car again today and my dash kept saying ice possible and service airbags and check tire pressure, sounds like it could be a battery issue

·
Registered
569 Posts
hey malibudragon was this also happeneing to you? i had to jump my car again today and my dash kept saying ice possible and service airbags and check tire pressure, sounds like it could be a battery issue
My car was doing all kinds of crazy things.. Either it wouldn't start or when it would The transmission wouldn't go out of first gear.. The GM tech told me that this car is very Dependant on its power and a bad battery could cause all sorts of problems.. Keep in mine mine was only 1 month old when I took it in to. They swapped the battery for me a few weeks ago and I haven't had any trouble since.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine is going to be 7 months this month but i think i've had this problem since september. i remember when i came home from school one day my dad was complaining saying i left the car lights on and i thought he was crazy. then two weeks ago after i washed my car my mom said my lights were still on and after messing around with the lights it cut off when i locked the car and now for two days straight when i jumped the car the car doesnt shut off the lights at all and it dies and the dash says a whole bunch of ridiculous stuff. im taking it to the dealer after school today. how long did it take them to swap the battery? i wonder if this battery problem happened to many people or were we just the unlucky ones?

·
Registered
569 Posts
mine is going to be 7 months this month but i think i've had this problem since september. i remember when i came home from school one day my dad was complaining saying i left the car lights on and i thought he was crazy. then two weeks ago after i washed my car my mom said my lights were still on and after messing around with the lights it cut off when i locked the car and now for two days straight when i jumped the car the car doesnt shut off the lights at all and it dies and the dash says a whole bunch of ridiculous stuff. im taking it to the dealer after school today. how long did it take them to swap the battery? i wonder if this battery problem happened to many people or were we just the unlucky ones?
They had mine over night. They gave me a loaner to get home in.

·
Registered
569 Posts
ooooo alright, i think thats whats gonna happen to me then :(
Yeah they had told me that ran all sorts of test's and diagnostics.. At first they were thinking it was faulty wiring or computer because its just weird how things would work and then wouldn't but when they ran a test on the battery they said it was really weak and they put a new one in for me

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok good news, i got my car fixed, lights are fine and so was the battery. the problem was this thing i had installed called GuidePoint which i bought from the dealer. the person who installed in connected into my pink wire for my DRLs and it caused everything to go iffy. i paid 700 bucks for that crap which i never used since i have onstar. the dealer took it out and now im going to call to get my refund. as for my car, its as good as new!!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.