Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 2.0L LTG
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I just finished rebuilding the engine in my 2014 Malibu, 2.0L turbo, .002" over JE forged pistons, Molnar H-beam rods, ARP head studs and lots of work. I suffered the same fate as other LTGs with broken pistons however I also had three bent rods! Luckily the forged factory crank did it's job and polishing was all that was required. I am happy to answer any questions, share photos, tips and tricks I learned along the way with this build.
I'm new to this forum so and new to posting on forums so I'd appreciate any help along the way.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,680 Posts
I think this is the first time I've heard of an actual rebuild of any 1.5T or 2.0T. I hope it turns out to be a keeper!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,246 Posts
Ditto - sorry to read of the blown 2.0T but sounds like a lot of good work done. I hope it holds up in response to all your TLC!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello All, I just finished rebuilding the engine in my 2014 Malibu, 2.0L turbo, .002" over JE forged pistons, Molnar H-beam rods, ARP head studs and lots of work. I suffered the same fate as other LTGs with broken pistons however I also had three bent rods! Luckily the forged factory crank did it's job and polishing was all that was required. I am happy to answer any questions, share photos, tips and tricks I learned along the way with this build.
I'm new to this forum so and new to posting on forums so I'd appreciate any help along the way.
Did you do any work on the head? If I can find someone who can build a 6T70 that can hold more than 400tq or so I'm going to build the motor and put a slightly bigger turbski on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts