Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I'm not getting any power at the Starter, I'm having trouble finding the location of the fuse or relay.

It's a 98 Malibu 2.4, I checked fuse box and panel nothing. Just fuse 5 IGN which is a 40amp and it's good.

I'm lost on this one it was working fine before until the starter spun but never engaged so I replaced it and now I'm not even getting a click nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it fixed replaced the starter, it happened to be a bad solenoid.

I also had a P0300 code multiple misfire and changed the coil packs plugs and cover problem solved.
I just can't believe the cover needed to be replaced, it was the last part I purchased installed it and the car started right up. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know it's frustrating but bad solenoids, even on 'new' starters are fairly common. Too bad they aren't commonly available by themselves. The parts places around here have gotten into the habit of testing 'new' alternators and starters before the customer leaves their store, easier to deal with defects this way.

Enjoy your Malibu, I love my '99.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well im having a little bit of problem with my malibu 98 i put the key in turn the swicht on all the lights from the front panel turn on but thats it, it dont want to start dont even clik its not the estarter its not the fuel pump what could it be a friend of mine tells me it could be the starter relay or fuse but i dont know where it is if anybody can help me thank in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.