Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 'Bu used about a week ago. I forgot to test the CD player when I was looking at it. Now, whenever I try to put a CD player in there, it says to check CD and spits it out. I put a clean, non-scratched CD in there and it did the same thing. Should I go and buy a CD player cleaning disk? Will that help at all?

·
Registered
701 Posts
tiffani....

Certainly sounds like your lens may be dirty, for the minimal cost it would take to buy a cleaning a CD this would be best your bet for a first test / fix.

Question - The CD you are trying to play, is it a burnt CD or a purchased CD? This sometimes can make a difference, as I know CD-R will play but CD-RW will not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
tiffani....

Certainly sounds like your lens may be dirty, for the minimal cost it would take to buy a cleaning a CD this would be best your bet for a first test / fix.

Question - The CD you are trying to play, is it a burnt CD or a purchased CD? This sometimes can make a difference, as I know CD-R will play but CD-RW will not.
I as well have had issues playing brand new clean burned CDRs in the CD player of my 2001 Grand Prix. Regular CDs I have never had any issues wilth no matter how scratched (skips, but still plays), but it will occasionally eject a burned CD.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Tiffani

SOunds like you Laser is out of alingmnet or not working properly. Have you thought about taking it into a reputable stereo / car stereo store and asked them to take a look at it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried calling this car audio store but they said that I had to take it to the dealers. I am planning on just replacing the deck with a new cd player deck with an AUX outlet for my iPod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would just put in my 2 cents. =)

About a year ago I got the same error and cleaned the disk and it seemed to work just fine on my ride home. Later that night, I went to the store and it spit the CD out and would not work at all. I just ignored the issue and put it on radio. The next morning my battery was dead. Once I got it jumped, I noticed that the eject motor was running even with no CD. So I pulled the fuse to save my battery while at work. I tried all of the suggested methods above with no luck. I then decided it was more worth my time to get a new head unit. I'm so glad I did. I love the look on peoples faces when they get in and say, "Dang, you put a TV in a Malibu?" Priceless!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.