Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a cracked coolant hose (I think it runs to the heater core? I’m not great with technical terms. It sits behind the engine on the driver side and I’m leaking antifreeze like crazy) I’m just curious how difficult of a job this would be to fix myself and how expensive as I’m not sure what I’m looking for parts wise. I don’t really have a time line but the sooner the better. Any help is welcome :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Well, seeing how you will have to get a little dirty doing it yourself. Would be nice to get a picture.....dont want to tell you to get the wrong hose.

It shouldn't be too hard to replace.... back in the day it was easier.... just cut a piece of hose to length and a couple gear clamps. Now.....I am expecting some space aged coupler that mounts on each end.....but that a guess.

Not 100% but is there 2 lines about an inch in diameter there? One being the one that failed? I would hazard a guess they are the heater lines then

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I believe number 1 is on the driver side...... the left side of the picture is where the tranny mounts it looks like..... and i believe the tranny is on the passenger side of the car (guess...you can confiirm this though..)

So now you know what numer it is in the picture at least..... you may be able to identify it on rockauto.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.