1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
not to my knowledge.. I don't think they had them at all untill the 2015's

·
Registered
869 Posts
No it doesn't. My 2006 doesnt yet either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 2005 Malibu Maxx has a filter slot behind the glove box, not sure the Malibu itself. There is no application number for the filter but the slot is there with a swing down door. If you cut your own to fit, slide it on in there, yes. From the factory apparently not. Now why have the slot for the filter and not put one in Chevy?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,430 Posts
All three of my Gen7 models had lines on the air box but no door. A few months ago I cut the opening on the lines and stuck a filter in there, then taped the opening because the "door" broke as I cut it, even taking a lot of care while doing so.

Yeah, not sure of the mentality of putting lines on it and then not actually making it a working item. Only thing I can think of is that we drive a Chevy and didn't buy a Caddy. Ya get what ya pay for.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,430 Posts
Wow, you are so lucky to have a spot for it with a latch and everything!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just need to figure out the dimensions (should have done that when the dash was out... 20/20 hindsight and all.) then find a parts store that will let me open boxes to measure...
When the dash was apart I just figured I would drop by the local AZ and pick one up, didn't realize it was unlisted.

·
Registered
2004 Malibu Maxx LS
25 Posts
I just need to figure out the dimensions (should have done that when the dash was out... 20/20 hindsight and all.) then find a parts store that will let me open boxes to measure...
When the dash was apart I just figured I would drop by the local AZ and pick one up, didn't realize it was unlisted.
Mine also has a slot & a latch…. Trying to find dimensions. Did you ever find one that fits? I realize it’s been 2 years

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
My 2006 Malibu LS 2.2 did not come with a cabin filter. Nothing was listed for it. Behind the glove box was the door and latches to accept a filter, no work required.
A Fram CF 10361 or equivalent fit well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
So, how long do these filters last typically? It not too hard to access right? Might have to get a look at mine.....

WTG gm...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts