Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just bought this Malibu for $700 only has 150,000 miles on it and apart from the previous owners being slobs it seems like it's been taken pretty well care of. I believe from minor issues in the front including the front 6 inches of the hood on the drivers side looking like it's been chewed on, that someone ran it up under a trailer or something. Anyway, nothing I can't handle. I just realized that the entire taillight assembly isn't working on the passenger side of the car. I know it's not a fuse problem, can't be if half of the lights work. So I took the assemblies both out and swapped them to see if it was a problem in the assembly itself. The passenger side assembly worked fine hooked up on the driver side. The driver side didn't work now, plugged into the passenger side. So since the two assemblies both plug into clips that run the two together and into the fuse box in the trunk then the issue has to be in the wire between the clip and where it ties into the rest, right?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,956 Posts
Does it use a printed circuit board for the light sockets? If so, that may be the issue itself, as it's a well-known failure point.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Time to get out the continuity light and a wiring diagram and start back tracing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts